Downtown Hollywood Personal Injury Law Firm is looking for a paralegal or legal assistant to provide litigation and trial preparation support. A Bachelor’s Degree and least 3 years of personal injury litigation experience is required.
- Assisting in the preparation and filing of legal documents with courts;
- Assisting in drafting pleadings, discovery responses, and motions;
- Providing administrative assistance to attorneys, including managing calendars, making travel arrangements, calendaring deadlines for responses to legal documents, and handling expenses and invoice payments;
- Scheduling, confirming, and assisting lawyers in preparation for depositions;
- Drafting and processing incoming and outgoing correspondence, (including mail, emails and faxes);
- Preparing, organizing and maintaining the firm's electronic and paper filing systems according to the firm's defined procedures;
The ideal candidate must have the following qualities:
- Punctuality and reliability
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization,
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and typing speed over 60 WPM;
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, utilizing excellent judgment, and decision-making skills;
- Ability to handle a high volume of work accurately and on time.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of Personal Injury Litigation experience
- Great benefits including 401k match and health insurance
Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidate expected to work 40 hrs/week.
Please email me salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Scher & Scher