INTEGRATED CARE MANAGER / LVN / CASE MANAGER
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Program Director functions as the conduit between the physicians and clients. This position has experience with the care and management of chronic health conditions, strong customer service orientation and commitment to continuous quality improvement required.
1. Must be able to pass California State Department of Justice criminal background investigation, Live Scan and/or fingerprinting.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
1. Must have at least three years of experience working with behavioral health populations including persons with SPMI
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be experienced working with low income, the diverse populations including persons impacted upon by mental illness.
- Must be experienced with the care and management of chronic health conditions.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to continuous quality improvement required.
4. Basic computer skills and literacy are required to use the agency electronic health record. Staff must be able to logon, type, use a mouse and negotiate through various screens or windows to complete daily chart documentation.
- Ability to work as a team member and to work with other agencies, community resources and client’s families.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- The ICM / LVN will be responsible for the assessment and case management of the integrated care program consumers to ensure an appropriate level of care and develop a consumer-centric plan of care.
- This is a position that will require the candidate to travel regionally to meet with consumers and their families.
- Participates in the assessment of consumer needs and develop a consumer-centered individual plan of care (IPOC) to address identified needs. Utilizes the whole person's focus when assessing needs including behavioral, physical, psychosocial, and activities of daily living.
- Develops, coordinates and assists with implementation and facilitation of services for integrated care program consumers as defined by the individual plan of care.
- Responsible for facilitating and coordinating with the inter-disciplinary treatment team (ITT) to review the IPOC and ensure access to services and active care team participation.
- Collaborates with the integrated care program consumer/family, physician and all members of the healthcare team, both internally and externally.
- Coordinates the delivery of high-quality cost-effective care based on the consumers' needs and the integrated care services model supported by clinical practice guidelines established by the plan.
- Advocates for the integrated care program consumer/family among various sites to coordinate resource utilization and evaluation of services.
- To provide services with a strong recovery orientation, cultural sensitivity, and awareness of the unique needs of the SPMI population.
- To work within a system of fully electronic record keeping and medical records assuring a comprehensive health history and up-to-date health and medication information is recorded in the consumer's electronic health record.
- To attend ongoing training as appropriate.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
Must have own reliable source of transportation readily available.