SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HEALTH & REHABILITATION PROGRAM
HOUSING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: Under the supervision of the Housing Program Manager and
oversight by the Program Director, performs and oversees the performance of word processing,
data entry, report tracking and other administrative functions as necessary.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in a business, administration, or health and human services
field preferred and 2 years of similar work experience. Or high school diploma and 4 years of
similar work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three years’ experience in clerical / administrative positions
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Strong knowledge of Management Information Systems Softwares Microsoft
2. Must be well organized and have good interpersonal skills.
3. Must be a self-starter and demonstrate ability to follow through with projects and
4. Knowledge of homeless and subsidized housing systems
5. Knowledge of client chart style record keeping systems.
1. Tracks Services staff completion of daily notes into MIS.
2. Utilize internal systems to generate reporting for operational and client end users.
3. Develop, produce and format internal and external reporting.
4. Track and coordinate housing reports.
5. Create and maintain tools to conduct internal audits of housing files
6. Track staff trainings
7. Ensures there are current, adequate forms and supplies for the program staff to use
and these forms are readily available in the designated place.
8. Assists the Program Manager with bi-monthly completion of staff time sheets and
SCHARP HOUSING Administrative Assistant
9. Ensure client charts are appropriately maintained as necessary. This includes
monitoring the check out and returns of charts ensuring confidentiality procedures
10. Other administrative duties as assigned.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Commitment to follow through
3. Ability to perform in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
4. Ability to learn new concepts, programs, and technology quickly
5. Understanding of non-profit workplaces serving disenfranchised persons
This description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties to be
performed by the employee. Employees are required to follow job-related instructions
and perform other job related activities requested by their supervisor.