Journeyman Electricians / Chattanooga / Athens TN
Schaffhouser Electric Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN Chattanooga/Athens TN
Willing to travel the Knoxville/Chattanooga corridor
$2500.00 sign-on Bonus for qualified Journeyman
SCHAFFHOUSER IS SEEKING THE BEST OF THE BEST! Is that you?
Schaffhouser, a Veteran owned Industrial Electrical Contractor, is seeking a career-minded, proficient Journeyman Electrician who is passionate, driven, and highly motivated to work in and around the Chattanooga, TN area.
Our well-established company is passionate about what we do and the services we provide to our customers. The suitable candidates will have the skills & experience that will allow us to maintain our outstanding reputation.
As a Journeyman Electrician, you would be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems. Additionally, you would be responsible for conducting tests and inspections of electrical systems and equipment and troubleshooting in various work areas while paying close attention to all aspects of safety.
Exceptional technical & problem-solving skills are essential for journeymen to identify electrical issues and proceed with prompt repairs. Working in a team setting and completing objectives within a given time frame is a must. Efficient conduit bending skills using hydraulic benders, and other conduit bending methods, are necessary. Other tasks may include analyzing circuits to determine functionality, fixing HVAC Electrical Control Systems, changing switches and generators, using multi-testers, and fixing A/C and D/C systems.
If you possess a “CAN DO” attitude in a field team environment…
If you have creative problem-solving skills and want to be part of the solution…
If you have a track record of completing highly successful projects….
We Need Your Expertise!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the Preparation of weekly Schedule, coordinate labor, equipment, and material deliveries;
· Insure good & safe working conditions through site inspections;
· Must have the ability to rapidly and accurately construct, fabricate, and diagnose and repair electrical problems rapidly and accurately. Must stay up to date with changes in equipment usage and industry codes.
· Train and mentor all your assigned crew members on the job site;
· Maintain hours log sheet – accurate labor reporting of worksheet/time cards;
· Keep on or ahead of the project schedule & timely project completion;
· Preparation of daily/weekly field reports as indicated by management;
· Assure compliance with all State & Local electrical codes and safety policies;
· Ensure that the project development functions are current & accurate;
· Assuring that company equipment and materials are properly used;
· The Ability to properly use a multi-meter as well as other electrical testing tools.
· Must contain a Clean driving record and be insurable;
· Other functions as directed by management.
· This position requires a minimum of three – (3) years’ experience through on-the-job training or successful completion of an electrical apprentice program.
· experience Required – “Journeyman Electrician” has a current and valid State of residence Driver’s License.
· ability to read, understand and execute the project scope/specs from “Blue Prints” and/or “Schematics.”
· Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written;
· Must be able to perform all aspects of the electrical project duties and tasks: conduit bending, wire pulling, threading, wire terminations & the skill to troubleshoot is a must.
· Must be able to supply your hand tools and reliable transportation;
Competitive Pay based on experience and skills- City of Chattanooga LEJ License
100% Paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/AD&D and Long term Disability For Employees
& Discounted Costs for dependents.
Steady Work- Overtime Available
Career Advancement Opportunities
Training and Career Development
Nationally Recognized NCCER In-House Apprenticeship Program (VA approved for education purposes)
401k with 4% Match
Schaffhouser ElectricWhy Work Here?
The company is growing rapidly and has a great opportunity for growth and advancement.
Schaffhouser, a rapidly growing, Veteran-owned Industrial Electrical Contractor, is seeking career-minded, proficient in selling products and services to industrial (B2B) companies, and is sales-driven and highly motivated.
ConstructionView all jobs at Schaffhouser Electric