Lead Dog Groomer / Assistant Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $25 Hourly
We value your experience and are offering a $250 sign on bonus!
Scenthound is not your everyday dog grooming shop. We are a revolutionary concept disrupting an outdated industry, focused on the dog’s overall health and wellness, not only haircuts! Our membership-based business model allows dogs to receive routine maintenance and consistent care. At Scenthound, we are a culture-driven, highly collaborative team that prioritizes dog and employee safety. Through our North Star and values, we inspire the dog-human connection by helping dog parents maintain clean, healthy dogs.
We remove barriers so that people can love and connect with their dogs every day.
Dog First. One Pack. Bring Love. Seek Growth. Make A Difference.
We are searching for a confident dog groomer who loves teaching their passion to others! The Lead Groomer is an integral position at Scenthound, offering expert grooming knowledge, providing leadership to a team of groomers and bathers, and facilitating training to new groomers. A successful Lead Groomer is knowledgeable, perceptive, patient, adaptable, and a compassionate dog lover! We are looking for a motivating leader who can assess the needs, strengths, and weaknesses of their team members to provide effective learning opportunities.
- Grooms to Scenthound standards while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the grooming and bathing teams.
- Creates an environment conducive to learning, open communication, and teamwork.
- Teaches new groomers the Scenthound standards; provide ongoing coaching and mentorship.
- Identifies when/ where help is needed and provide assistance to keep Scenter on schedule.
- Ensures safety of dogs and team members at all times.
- Adheres to Scenthound sanitary and cleaning practices.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by the Scenter Manager.
- At least 1 year of grooming experience or graduation from a grooming school.
- Knowledge of dog breeds, their grooming and care standards, and tools of the trade.
- Strength to lift up to 70 pounds; stamina to stand for long periods of time.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work in a smoke-free environment.
- Effective communication with team members and dog parents.
- Leadership, coaching, mentorship.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to self-critique; hold oneself and others to high standards of grooming.
- A love for dogs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
Scenthound Northeast Georgia
410 Peachtree PkwyCumming, GA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?