- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Who We Are
Scenthound is not your everyday dog grooming shop. We are a revolutionary concept disrupting an outdated industry, focused on the dog’s overall health and wellness, not only haircuts! Our membership-based business model allows dogs to receive routine maintenance and consistent care. At Scenthound, we are a culture-driven, highly collaborative team that prioritizes dog and employee safety. Through our North Star and values, we inspire the dog-human connection by helping dog parents maintain clean, healthy dogs.
We remove barriers so that people can love and connect with their dogs every day.
Dog First. One Pack. Bring Love. Seek Growth. Make A Difference.
About the Position
The Groomer is an integral position at Scenthound, offering expert grooming knowledge, providing leadership to a team of bathers, and facilitating training to new groomers. This is a growth opportunity as Scenthound Gainesville SW expands to multiple locations from Gainesville to Ocala. This position requires:
· At least 2 years of grooming experience or graduation from a grooming school
· Knowledge of dog breeds, their grooming and care standards, and tools of the trade
· Strength to lift up to 70 pounds; stamina to stand for long periods of time
· Reliable transportation
· Willingness to work in a smoke-free environment
Who We Are Looking For
We are searching for a confident dog groomer who loves teaching their passion to others!
A successful Groomer is knowledgeable, perceptive, patient, adaptable, and a compassionate dog lover!
· Groom to Scenthound standards while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the grooming and bathing teams
· Create an environment conducive to learning, open communication, and teamwork
· Teach bathers the Scenthound standards; provide ongoing coaching and mentorship
· Identify when/ where help is needed and provide assistance to keep Scenter on schedule
· Ensure safety of dogs and team members at all times
· Adhere to Scenthound sanitary and cleaning practices
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Scenter Manager
Skills and Abilities
· Effective communication with team members and dog parents
· Leadership, coaching, mentorship
· Attention to detail
· Ability to self-critique; hold oneself and others to high standards of grooming
· Competitive compensation plan that includes hourly pay, bonuses, and tips
· Merit-based pay increases
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
2835 SW 91st StGainesville, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?