This critical role will lead all new project implementations and system upgrades for A/P. The A/P Process Lead will streamline process and ensure the timely and accurate ownership of the daily A/P procedures. Supports the Finance Department and the organization by processing, recording and reporting cash disbursements. Ensuring all departmental and corporate policies and procedures are followed and meet compliance & audit guidelines.
Your day to day…
- Oversees all accounts payable practices while maintaining department efficiencies, by verifying accuracy, control and meeting deadlines for scheduled weekly check runs. Point of contact for all process escalations to ensure resolution within strict deadlines.
- Provides daily AP payment report to AR team for Positive pay reconciliation and ensure all files have been created and confirmed daily.
- Ownership of daily bank reconciliation upload files and communicates any exceptions or errors to ensure files can be uploaded accurately and timely.
- Leads and develops AP controls
- Owns AP processes, making recommendations on how to scale processes for continued company growth and finding opportunities to streamline
- Identifies and leads ways to drive cost efficiency in vendor management processes and payments
- Negotiating third party vendors on all facets of payables
- Communicates with managers and vendors timely to ensure disputed invoices are handled accurately and efficiently.
- Manage 1099 reconciliation at year end.
- Lead 1099 process and work with IT and third party vendor validating all required 1099’s are created and processed accurately and timely, meeting all required IRS deadlines and guidelines.
- Main point of contact for internal managers concerns by responding to questions on disbursements and General Ledger Account allocation.
- Support Accounting team by reviewing issues log and meeting weekly to resolve any discrepancies between the AP Sub-ledger and General ledger.
- Manage payment inquiries within the claims system.
- Leads all testing for new project implementations along with supporting system upgrades ensuring full end to end testing is performed successfully and timely.
- Other duties as needed or required.
What we are looking for…
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance; 5 years Accounts Payable/Finance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ERP system experience (Oracle, SAP, Sage).
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail. Works well in team environment.
- Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Advanced communication/interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Analytical/Complex Problem-solving skills
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be able to make independent decisions
Be part of something scent-sational...
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Company matched 401k
- Fun, team-focused work environment
- Employee driven community outreach program