Pharma Construction Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cockram Construction, Inc. operates in Australia, Asia and the Americas. We are a multidisciplinary construction services business with a heritage dating back to 1861.
Cockram employs over 600 personnel and approximately 4500 sub contract trade labor on our sites. Our professional expertise covers the full spectrum of specialist construction services skills. Our staff and systems are also highly mobile, ensuring the right project team with the appropriate skills are assembled for your project.
Our company enjoys a very high retention rate among our staff – evidence that confirms our reputation as a building construction services contractor that cares about and delivers on the safety, quality, professionalism, and development of its people.
We offer our staff a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Account including Dependent Care, Health Reimbursement Account, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K and employer match, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
We currently has an opening for a Project Manager with extensive experience in Pharma construction.
Position Summary: To manage and direct project personnel to achieve agreed time, cost and quality and safety standards for assigned projects in a way that fosters repeat business with each client and builds/maintains positive relationships with contractors, consultants and architects.
- Interact with management and site “customer” groups to establish and define requirements for assigned facility, utility, packaging and manufacturing projects.
- Develop conceptual designs, preliminary budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
- Assist project sponsors with the preparation of project description, justification, cost estimates, budgets, schedule, analysis of alternatives and other required information for assigned projects.
- Select, manage and coordinate the efforts of design consultants and firms as appropriate.
- Develop RFP documents for design services, construction services and major equipment items as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of construction management, general or trade subcontractors with site customers, employees and other personnel to ensure the successful, safe, timely high quality, cost effective and legal implementation of assigned projects.
- Administer, resolve and control all design, construction, contractual and financial issues on assigned projects.
- Ensure frequent communication and conduct regularly scheduled meetings between Project Team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements are met on assigned projects.
- Coordinate all activities with building departments and inspectors for all assigned projects.
- Complete assigned projects by starting-up and checking-out all new equipment and systems, inspecting construction, developing and ensuring complete resolution of “punch list” items.
- Arrange for training of involved maintenance and operating personnel and obtain and properly distribute all appropriate testing, certification, validation, “as-built”, spare parts, operating or maintenance manual documentation and drawings.
- Provide qualification documentation for assigned project as applicable.
- Maintain technical skills in the latest techniques for project management and engineering technology as applied to facilities and equipment design, construction and plant operations.
- BS/BA degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of engineering and/or project management experience on high tech, data center/mission critical or industrial facilities.
- Ability to manage all aspects of project delivery including Schedule, Quality, and Safety.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure, with a sense of urgency, to meet constant deadlines.
- The ability to manage a team providing leadership and direction on the critical aspects of projects, including identification and taking action where performance is not meeting expectations.
- Ability to manage the risk aspects of contracts including the ability to protect the company’s contractual position with appropriately written correspondence.
Scenario Cockram USA inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Scenario Cockram USA inc