IT Implementation Engineer II
- Posted: March 14, 2023
We are the iconic brand in assessment and technology services. We are Scantron professionals.
Scantron is a global, diversified company that provides market leading technology services to help business owners and professionals achieve their goals. For more than four decades, the Scantron brand has been recognized as the trusted source for technology services and managed print solutions. Scantron is headquartered in Eagan, MN, with offices in Omaha, NE and Lancaster, PA.
Why choose Scantron?
- BUILD your career with a global, diversified company that provides market leading technology services to help clients achieve their goals.
- LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and embraces a "whole person" company benefits philosophy including a compensation package designed for your total well-being.
- We have a generous benefits package for our full-time employees, which includes a PPO medical plan option, HSA medical plans that go with employer contributions to an HSA Account, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, and company paid short- and long-term disability coverage.
- Plan for your future with Scantron’s 401K savings plan with a generous company match. You are vested on your first day of eligibility in the plan.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, driving professional success but encouraging time for personal pursuits.
The IT Implementation Engineer II is a senior technical role on the Project Services team. This is a client facing position working primarily on new requests both independently and as technical lead on larger project teams. This role also serves as an escalation resource for priority support issues. Successful individuals in this role demonstrate superior customer service, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have advanced technical abilities in a wide range of disciplines.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following: other duties may be assigned):
- Build, configure, and deploy complex on-premises infrastructure solutions including servers, workstations, storage, and network devices
- Set up, configure, migrate, and manage virtualized environments including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Employ advanced networking skills in configuring and troubleshooting switches, firewalls, WAPs and VLANs
- Provide expert Active Directory administration skills including creating or migrating to new domains
- Experienced in implementing backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Experience with management and migrations to Microsoft 365 products. Including but not limited to Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, Endpoint Manager and Security.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure, both cloud and hybrid environments
- Experienced with Microsoft Exchange configuration and administration
- Demonstrate superior troubleshooting capabilities
- Basic understanding of PowerShell
- Serve as mentor for teammates and point of escalation for other departments
- Provide remote support for Field Service Technicians performing on-site installations
- Demonstrate ability to balance priorities on multiple active projects, meet deadlines and follow-through on objectives to successfully complete assignments
- Participate in meetings to facilitate project planning, implementation strategy and provide status updates
- Occasional regional travel required to customer sites to perform IT infrastructure installations (less than 10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred
- 5 years of experience with computer operating systems (server and pc) required
- 5 years of experience with technology infrastructure, including pc/laptop, servers and networking devices required
- 5 years of experience in local and wide area networking preferred
- Current networking and/or server administration certifications preferred
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending, and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Scantron is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Director of Talent Acquisition, Wendy Hinson at 919 657-6903.
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Scantron
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?