Scandinavian Designs is a home furnishings destination rooted in our love for modern design and quality craftsmanship. We are looking for a full-time (am shift) Assistant Distribution Center Manager to work at our Petaluma, CA location. Our associates are passionate about delivering quality products and are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- This “hands-on” position assists the DC Manager in all aspects of Distribution Center operation and facility including total inventory, from delivery to storage and transfer out.
- Effectively plan, staff, direct and coordinate activities to maintain efficient storage and flow of materials while maintaining control of inventory assets.
- Participate in the development of and execute a distribution services plan that ensures all receiving, storage, order fulfillment, inventory control, logistics, and assembly functions meet company, financial and customer service goals.
- Ensure the accurate redistribution of goods from storage onto trucks for delivery.
- Deliver on our customer's expectations of high-quality products in excellent condition.
- Supervise and coordinate the performance, training, and development of DC Associates.
- Maintain a safe workplace through training and accident prevention/preparedness and ensure the location is in compliance with requirements and forklift certifications.
- Associates degree in business, management, or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Supervisory experience in a Distribution/Warehouse.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop teams.
- Experience in large volume durable goods distribution, Furniture preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of the role of operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with inventory software systems.
- Able to obtain and maintain forklift training and certification.
- Able to read and understand work orders, shipping and receiving paperwork and perform administrative tasks.
- Frequently and safely lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Experience with equipment including but not limited to pallet jacks, and hand tools.
- 18 years or older and possess/maintain a valid Driver’s License in the location’s state.
- Able to successfully complete our pre-employment physical, background and drug screenings.
Scandinavian Designs offers:
- We offer benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA)*.
- 401k with employer contribution.
- Work life balance - Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Fun and rewarding work.
- Family-oriented team environment.
- Regular schedule.
- Generous merchandise discounts.
A family business 50+ years in the making, with over 30 furniture showrooms across the U.S., our sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a contemporary home furnishings destination rooted in a love for Nordic culture, modern design and quality craftsmanship. We offer extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth. Our compensation includes a competitive pay program, comprehensive health and retirement benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.