Release of Information Specialist - Marquette, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Release of Information Specialist (ROI Specialist)
Hours: M-F 8-5
Location: Onsite at a healthcare facility in Marquette, MI
**This position pays a competitive hourly rate and up to $200 a month in bonuses after the first 90 days of employment**
**REQUIRES PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION**
Overview of Position:
The Release of Information Specialist (ROI Specialist) is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) requests, specifically medical record and billing requests, in a timely and efficient manner. This role must also ensure accuracy and provide clients and customers with the highest quality product and customer service. At all times, the ROI Specialist must safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are compliant with the request, authorization, client policy, and state and federal laws to include HIPAA regulations. The ROI Specialist engages in direct customer service, when applicable, and must perform duties and conduct interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the ROI department and ScanSTAT Technologies. The ROI Specialist must work with their team leader, supervisor, manager and other members of the department to promote a harmonious work environment.
In addition to demonstrating ScanSTAT Technologies values applicable to all positions, the ROI Specialist is responsible for the following:
Duties and Tasks:
- Manages all requests and inquiries for patient heath information; validates HIPAA compliant authorization; ensures requesting party has legal right to patient information; dispenses patient health information with accountability to all regulatory entities and according to the facility’s policies and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service; exhibits professional, attentive, courteous, and respectful demeanor with each customer
- Interacts with requestors to identify medical records needed for continuity of care, review, billing, or release of information
- Access and transmit patient health information via various computerized health record systems, paper, fax, scanning, ScanSTAT Technologies applications, etc.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all patient, client, and facility information
- Performs quality reviews according to the quality improvement policies and procedures to ensure accuracy of release, confidentiality, and compliant invoicing
- Performs job duties at established quantitative and qualitative standards to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the release of information process, including guidelines in training manuals, regulatory manuals, and facility policies and procedures, as related to patient health and billing information.
- Maintains current knowledge related to applicable statutes, regulations, guidelines, and standards necessary to perform job duties
- Works with the IT department to incorporate new technologies
- Communicates effectively at all levels within the organization, expressing ideas and information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
- Contributes to the morale and teamwork of the staff and facility; displays a positive attitude and patient-minded vision with customer/client satisfaction as the goal
- Understands that this role requires specific responsibilities for protecting sensitive data
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in healthcare related discipline desired
- Knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required; related experience healthcare environment is preferred
- Ability to perform team-oriented job tasks with a conscientious awareness of detail and accuracy; effective organizational skills; ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to know, understand, and apply Release of Information standards, policy and procedures and state and federal HIPAA regulations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English; second language abilities a plus
- Competent use of email, fax machines, copiers, Word, and Excel applications required
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are frequently required
- Talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are frequently required
- Keying data is repetitive motion and is frequently required
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company.
ScanSTAT Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at ScanSTAT Technologies