Scalable Press is using technology to reinvent the mass customization industry.
Scalable Press was founded with an initial investment of just $2,000. Today, we’re on track to produce more than 12 million shipments across 185 countries. We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and rapidly expanding.
Whether it’s embroidered dress shirts, all-over printed socks, or digitally printed t-shirts, we make it easier, more affordable, and faster to order customized goods than ever before. We operate four B2C and B2B websites that are accessed by over 100 million visitors per year and yet this is a story we have never told.
Our team is on an incredible growth trajectory and we're looking for passionate Sr. Communications Specialist to help us tell our story via press and lead the company in internal communications. You'll wear multiple hats, including copywriter, analyst, and PR strategy creator, to get things done. A team member who succeeds in this role will earn the team several high visibility media features, strategic speaking engagements, and set a high standard for company communications.
You should have deep experience in internal corporate communications, writing effective messaging, and preferably, experience working directly with press. This role will be purely measured by results, specifically, press placements and employee engagement on internal communications efforts.
- Have complete ownership of PR and communications in the company
- Develop an aggressive media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
- Build and maintain strong relationships with appropriate media contacts for the company overall, and each of our products as necessary
- Interact with the key internal business stakeholders– engineering, product, and other business leaders– to understand our communications needs, prioritize, and execute them effectively
- Effectively represent Scalable Press as a spokesperson as necessary
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results on a monthly or quarterly basis
- as well as communicate internal communications results on a quarterly basis
- Astutely manage speakership budget through monthly and quarterly forecast processes
- Take point on key internal company communications channels, including our employee intranet and internal newsletters
- Work collaboratively with our Offices & Culture department to create exceptional experiences for employees through all-hands demos, quarterly meetings, etc.
- Work collaboratively with our HR department to effectively communicate company and benefits updates
- Work collaboratively with our recruiting team to develop and strengthen employer branding
- Guide, ghost-write, and/or copyedit executive communications for key stakeholders
- Develop company internal communications standards(brand voice, design guidelines, etc.)
- Ensure all key stakeholders meet internal communications standards
- Drive employee alignment with Scalable Press’ vision, mission, and strategy
- 3-7 years of experience in Public Relations, executive or internal communications, preferably in consumer tech, with proven results and placements
- At minimum 2 placements in Tier 1 publications(e.g. WSJ, New York Times, Inc, Fast Company, etc) for previous companies or clients
- Creative - able to develop hooks/angles/campaigns that will be of interest to press
- Ability to develop effective strategies for difficult communications challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with WordPress management
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Two or more years of experience in a startup
- Adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, international environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues at once
- Have a clear and concise writing style
- Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- Have results-oriented thinking; want to be a part of an aggressive and growth-minded team
- Have a prodigious work ethic
- Willingness to travel(occasional)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
- Experience with project management tools like JIRA
- Experience with content management tools like Hootsuite, Sendgrid, MuckRack, etc.
- Experience working with an international team