Senior Audit Associate
- $70,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
Skills - Must Have:
- CPA designation or written CFE
- Must be able to work at the Burlington office (1-3 days a week)
- Must have public practice accounting experience at a CPA firm
Purpose of the Position
As a Senior Audit Associate, you will manage larger and more complex engagements and continue to advance your technical knowledge. You will continue to have increased exposure within the firm and externally through elevated client interactions. The role will involve developing and maintaining outstanding client relationships, ensuring the “Ultimate Client Experience” is provided, and showcasing your leadership qualities through the mentoring, coaching, and training of other team members.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform a lead role in completion of audits and review engagements of financial statements for private businesses including preparation of corporate income tax returns adhering to industry standards and guidelines
- Independently complete compilation engagements including preparation of corporate income tax returns
- Research accounting issues in accordance with ASPE and ASNFPO and make recommendations on proposed accounting treatment
- Manage competing deadlines for multiple partners and managers while providing quality service to clients
- Provide guidance to junior team members
- Show ongoing progress to the achievement of the competencies for your level
What you offer:
- CPA, CA (Audit) Designation
- Minimum one year at a Senior level OR two years at the Intermediate level of public accounting experience for a variety of industries, preferably in a small to mid-sized firm
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for private enterprises
- Demonstrated technical accounting skills and research capabilities
- Strong client service and communication skills
- Self motivated, results driven
- Proficient using CaseView/CaseWare and TaxPrep software
- Strong knowledge of various Excel functions
- Experience using QuickBooks or Simply Accounting
- Demonstrate ability to use Document Management Tools
- Confident in ability to manage working in a high-stress environment with competing priorities, demanding deadlines, and interruptions.
- Owns transportation as travel will be required.
- Sits at a desk for prolonged periods and works on a computer.
- Works effectively within an open concept environment with distractions (phones, conversations etc.).
Job Function: Accounting
Reporting To: Audit Manager
Team Size To Manage: 3
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Audit Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.