Program/Project Manager MID (PM MID)
Sayres is a leader in defense support services to the DOD. Our 300+ program support experts empower our customers' senior leadership with long term planning and analytics, insightful decision making, and day-to-day operations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Sayres has offices in California, Maine, and Alabama. Sayres and Associates has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is seeking a Program/Project Manager MID (PM MID) in Washington, DC with a SECRET clearance, verifiable in DISS. Position will support (3 days week On-site in Navy Yard DC).
Deliver program management, acquisition, and logistics support to the NAVSEA Mine Warfare Program Office. Work in a team environment to meet client challenges and analyze new solutions using analytical techniques and referencing statutory, regulatory and policy analysis updates. Build and utilize expertise in program management, contract management, acquisition, and logistics and apply it to client problems. Build and maintain essential relationships with direct clients and supporting commands.
- 4+ years of experience with the Naval Sea Systems Command or Navy Program Executive Office
- Experience with program and financial management support in a government contracting environment
- Experience in developing briefings or white papers for Senior DoD Leaders
- Knowledge of monitoring compliance with general contract terms and conditions for federal government contracts and supporting multiple clients in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of subcontractor and vendor management, including reading and interpreting statements of work (SOWs), monitoring funding allocations, and reviewing and approving invoices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint & Outlook)
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills, including with preparing and delivering briefings and reports to senior government executives
- Ability to identify, research, discuss, and resolve administrative and financial issues independently and as part of a team, set priorities that balance service and control, and manage and track multiple initiatives
- Ability to oversee, identify plan deviations, and recommend resolution to the assistant program manager
- Secret clearance
Nice If You Have:
- Knowledge of DoD 5000.02 and the Adaptive Acquisition Framework
- Experience with Navy enterprise resource planning (ERP) or GFEBS
- Experience with NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS)
- Experience with Navy Airborne Mine Countermeasure (AMCM) Systems
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level I Certification in Business or Financial Management Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Visio & Project
- Knowledge of Research and Development programs
- DAWIA PM Level I or II certificate
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor's or postgraduate degree (desired but not required) from an accredited college or university or a comparable range of experience, training, or professional certification, plus a total of at least 4 to 15 years of professional experience with respect to DoD programs/projects.
- Meets the requirements for mid-level labor category and who supports some level of one or more of the following areas: program analysis, financial analysis, strategic planning, integrated master scheduling, event planning, Total Ownerships Cost, Congressional Affairs, metrics, FMS, contract development and execution, risk management, and support of Quarterly Execution Reviews.
- DC area (3 days/week Washington Navy Yard)
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Sayres & AssociatesWashington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.