Mid-Level Marine Surveyor
Sayres is a leader in defense support services to the US Navy and DCSA. Our 300+ program support experts empower our customers' senior leadership with long term planning and analytics, insightful decision making, and day-to-day operations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Sayres has offices in California, Maine, and Alabama. Sayres and Associates has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
This Position may be eligible for Remote and/or hybrid based on customer discretion.
Sayres is currently seeking an experienced Mid-Level Marine Surveyor with an active SECRET clearance, verifiable in DISS in Washington, DC.
As a Mid-Level Marine Surveyor, you will play a critical role in supporting Service Craft Planning Yard and In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) functions. Your expertise will be essential in conducting inspections, surveys, and examinations of marine vessels to assess their condition, monitor their performance, and report on the products installed on them. Additionally, you will provide technical support to service craft custodians and end-users, performing ship-checks, on-site representation for installations and troubleshooting in various locations, both CONUS and overseas.
- Support Service Craft Planning Yard and In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) functions, including the development and processing of Liaison Action Requests (LARs), Ship Alteration Records (SARs), SHIPALT drawings, Cost Estimates, Work Packages, and Technical Feedback Reports.
- Provide technical support to service craft custodians/end-users, conducting design ship-checks and offering on-site representation during SHIPALT installs and troubleshooting, as necessary in both CONUS and overseas locations.
- Conduct inspections, surveys, and examinations of marine vessels to assess their condition, performance, and compliance with various standards and specifications.
- Inspect equipment intended for new or existing vessels, ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Perform thorough marine surveys, assessing the structure, deck machinery, propulsion machinery, equipment, systems, piping, electrical, communications, navigational, safety features, and overall operational condition of vessels and cargo.
- Leverage your extensive experience in shipyard or ship repair availabilities and Government technical management to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Demonstrate your expertise in Unlimited Horsepower Chief Engineers License (Active or Inactive), showcasing your proficiency in marine engineering.
- Apply your knowledge of Navy procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process) and experience with Foreign Military Sales to facilitate international collaboration and expand market opportunities.
- Conduct ship operations and/or shipboard testing, ensuring the performance and safety of marine vessels and equipment.
- Showcase your supervisory experience and effective communication skills to guide and mentor junior team members.
Qualifications & Clearance Requirements:
Minimum Skill Sets of Qualified Candidates:
- General Education Development (GED).
- Unlimited Horsepower Chief Engineers License (Active or Inactive).
- 3+ years of experience in shipbuilding, ship availabilities, or Government technical management.
- Active Secret Clearance verifiable in DISS/JPAS.
Preferred Skill Sets of Qualified Candidates:
- Bachelor's of Science in Marine Engineering or Transportation.
- 5+ years of experience in shipyard or ship repair availabilities, Government technical management.
- 10+ years of sailing or port engineering experience, Government technical management, or Industry business management.
- Expertise in Navy procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process), Ship Operations, and/or shipboard testing.
- Possession of a Professional Engineer License, showcasing your commitment to excellence in marine engineering.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Sayres & AssociatesWashington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.