Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is seekingan experienced Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Technical Writer/Editor in Washington, DC with a SECRET clearance, verifiable in JPAS.
In support of an expeditionary shipbuilding program integrated in the Department of Defense Acquisition Process for the expedited procurement of a hospital ship, the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Technical Writer/Editor will be responsible for the following:
- Review the Initial Capabilities Document (ICD) to identify logistics requirements and sustainment metrics relevant to life cycle logistics.
- Review the Capability Development Document (CDD) to identify logistics requirements and sustainment metrics relevant to life cycle logistics.
- Review the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) to identify logistics requirements and sustainment metrics relevant to life cycle logistics.
- Review the Capability Production Document (CPD) to identify logistics requirements and sustainment metrics relevant to life cycle logistics.
- Understand, analyze, interpret, and translate logistic Key Performance Parameters (KPP) Key System Attributes (KSA), and Additional Performance Attributes (APA), into sustainment plans and practices.
- Review the Program Life Cycle Cost Estimate (PLCCE) to identify sustainment costs for the life span of the ship.
- Review, understand, interpret, and translate operational employment parameters affecting logistics articulated in Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and other system projected use documents.
- Review materials prepared for staff personnel for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Prepare materials needed by the Program Management staff for correspondence, events, conferences, and meetings.
- Documents sustainment concepts, planning, and strategies in a Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP) to aid Program Management to communicate and collaborate with critical stakeholders prior to Milestone A.
- Lead revision of the LCSP prior to Milestone B to document decisions, actions, and steps necessary to achieve sustainment requirements.
- Lead revision of the LCSP to reflect the implementation status of the product support package in place to achieve and maintain sustainment requirement s and metrics.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence and alerts PM staff to any conflicts or departure from policies or functional viewpoints and provides advice to resolve the problems.
- Interpret technical documentation standards and prepares documentation according to standards.
- Research and write documentation for the PM division including operations, procedures, standards, process guides, CONOPS, configuration management, technical requirements, functional requirements, use cases, program reports, strategic planning documents and artifacts.
- Prepare, write, and edit PM division documentation including graphic presentation of information, which incorporates information provided by PM personnel.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) and various group meetings, reading sessions, focus groups, Integrated Logistics Support Management Team (ILSMT) meetings, and briefings.
- Captures, collates, and adjudicates recommendations for revision resulting from stakeholder reviews provided by group members.
- Supports Milestone reviews and Independent Logistics Assessment (ILA) documentation development and revision.
Minimum Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
- Master's degree and 3-5 years of experience in a related field or bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for determining and providing logistics support.
- Self-starter who works well independently as part on an integrated team.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Recent experience within the last (3) years demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of grammar and written styles while developing, editing, and producing technical and graphical documentation and delivering finished products.
- Previous experience supporting a system within the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition process from the Material Development Decision to Milestone C Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) is a plus.
- Active Secret Clearance verifiable in JPAS.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro