FSET - Senior Ashore Network Engineer (Job ID# 2140083)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sayres and Associates LLC (Sayres) is a dynamic business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001. We offer a broad spectrum of security, management, technical and engineering services including Program Administration, Policy Analysis, Counterintelligence Cyber Security, Acquisition Management, Acquisition Logistics, Integrated Product Support, Production Management, Business Financial Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, System Test and Evaluation. Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Our success can be attributed first to a proven track record of performance excellence based on our customer-focused approach to services. We have demonstrated experience effectively managing large contractor teams across multiple functional areas for major programs. Perhaps most importantly, Sayres offers financial stability and organizational maturity comparable to a large company, coupled with the agility of a small business, providing cost effective solutions and best value to our customers.
This position is in support of the Fleet Systems Engineering Team (FSET). The candidate will provide support for Navy Fleet Cyber Command 10th Fleet by providing System Administration duties at NCTAMS PAC Wahiawa HI.
Specific duties include:
- Provide SME level troubleshooting for Dogstar Information Systems' operating system and applications.
- Perform STIG checks and ACAS scanning to maintain Information System compliance.
- Manage network infrastructure and provide assistance with remote connections into Dogstar enclave.
- Assist with the operational use, system administration, and troubleshooting of Splunk which provides a SIEM for all events and alerts generated within Sharkcage.
- Provide feedback or create solutions to get different data sources into existing SIEMs. Work with vendors directly to address any issues with SIEMs or data-analysis software.
- Assist SPAWAR with documentation for Dogstar Information System's Certification and Accreditation (CNA) process. Update documentation including network topology diagrams, POAMs, and ACAS scan reports.
- Assist NCTAMS PAC with network traffic analysis for incidents that have occurred or may be ongoing.
- Build and maintain virtual and physical servers used within the enclave. Be able to build a virtual machine from an installation ISO file and install required software as needed.
- Assist with the integration of new tools to be used within Dogstar that may provide additional data analysis on packets being captured.
- Interact with users for help desk support, development of support tools, participate in system building, and evolution of the cyber support infrastructure.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Information Technology or 12 years technical experience in related disciplines and systems.
- Certification as IAT2 with IA (SEC CE or higher) and CE (Linux certification).
- 8 years in related C4I networking required, with recent experience with DoD Information Assurance/CND systems and policies and familiarity with Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs).
- 3 years experience with Linux/Unix systems.
- Experience with a heterogeneous operating Unix-based Operating System environment.
- Experience with virtualization and networks.
- Must be able to build new machines and troubleshoot in a virtual environment.
- Experience in Information Assurance operations including use of ACAS and application of STIGs.
- Knowledge of networking, fleet communications systems and architectures.
- Ability to work with a team to resolve complex problems across multiple systems.
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel.
- Must be able to provide training to Navy personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- CCNA, VMWare certification highly desired.
- Certification in multiple operating systems highly desired.
- Experience with Splunk or similar tool highly desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Sayres & Associates
Address‘Ewa Beach, HI
TechnologyView all jobs at Sayres & Associates