FSET - Afloat and Ashore Network Engineer (Senior Level) (Job ID# 2387733)
- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sayres and Associates LLC (Sayres) has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
We are currently supporting operations through COVID based telework protocols and ongoing telework options may be discussed upon interview.
This position is in support of the Fleet Systems Engineering Team (FSET). The candidate will provide support for Navy Fleet Cyber Command 10th Fleet by providing System Administration duties at NCTAMS PAC Wahiawa HI.
Specific duties include:
- Act as senior technical advisor to NCTAMS PAC Fleet Satellite Communications Facility operations and installations of EHF and other satellite communications systems.
- Provide end-to-end technical support for all C4ISR related networking and applications issues.
- Provide feedback to COMSPAWAR/PEO C4I on system performance, design, and logistics issues.
- Act as senior technical advisor to NCTAMS PAC regarding satellite communications.
- Act as subject matter expert in EHF SATCOMM systems.
- Provide assistance for related C4ISR issues afloat and ashore and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment/optimization.
- Act as Satellite Communications Planning subject matter expert using the Tactical Mission Planning Sub-System (T-MPSS) and TIP Port Planning tool (TPPT).
- Work with shipboard technicians, on-site military and civilian staff, In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) technicians, installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Provide technical support to SATCOM systems such as EHF TIP, TADIL-J (MTJ), and other associated systems such as ADNS and baseband equipment.
- Document issues and resolution of issues using Remedy/BMC Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) systems.
- Provide OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) and six (6) years of technical experience OR ten years of technical experience with Afloat Navy or Marine Corps C4I.
- Certification as IAT II (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy requirements).
- Security+ certification.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with EHF Satellite Communication (SATCOM) and associated systems and SATCOM planning.
- Experience with Tactical Mission Planning Sub-System (T-MPSS) and TIP Port Planning tool (TPPT).
- Experience with transport test equipment such as Bit Error Rate Test Equipment.
- Experience with the AN/USC-38 and/or FSC-138.
- Experience with IP networking including Multi-cast, PIM domains, switching, and routing.
- IA certification and computing environment certification (or equivalent training) in Cisco Networking.
- Secret clearance verifiable in JPAS prior to start date.
- Experience using Remedy/ITSM for ticket documentation/resolution.
- Working knowledge of baseband and patching systems such as ADNS INCIII, SA-2112 and TVS/Corne.
- Experience with Multicast TADIL-K (MTJ).
- Experience with Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) devices such as PacketStar PSAX and Marconi TNX-110.
- Certification with other Operating Systems such as Linux/Unix or Microsoft.
- CCNA or higher.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis and have been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to .
Sayres & Associates
Address‘Ewa Beach, HI
TechnologyView all jobs at Sayres & Associates