Sayre Christian Village Lexington, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Nursing House Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of all staff and issues that occur while on the designated shift. The Nursing House Supervisor is responsible for tending to all issues and communicating any concerns to the Director of Nursing and/or the Assistant Director of Nursing. This position coordinates care for all residents of Sayre Christian Village.
- Responsible for making rounds on designated unit to observe procedures and make appropriate changes.
- Responsible for maintaining patient charts, recording and coordinating appointment reviews for residents.
- Responsible for answering call lights, bells or intercom system in a timely manners to assist with residents’ needs.
- Assist nurses during busy times on the floor.
- Perform lab audits on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the follow-up/clean-up of the unit from the previous shifts.
- Responsible for preparing documents such as death certificates.
- Responsible for ordering medical supplies based on unit needs.
- Responsible for graphing residents’ blood pressure, pulse and temperatures, etc.
- Responsible for greeting new residents and directing and assisting new and current residents to rooms within the facility.
- Follow care plans and communicate with resident family members concerning end of life issue and wishes.
- Comply with facility HIPAA Security Policies & Procedures by using only protected health information (PHI) needed to perform designated job responsibilities which include access to information contained in a patient’s records (other than information that has been restricted by the patient’s physician) for the purpose of treating the patient, including consulting with other professionals concerning the patient’s treatment. Also, includes accessing any information contained in patient records when required for the purpose of supervising staff or complying with licensing and other regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide and follow pharmacy recommendations for residents and family members.
- Hold Question and Answer meetings on a daily basis.
- Attend IPOC meeting on a daily basis.
- Perform PPD/flu/pneumonia audits.
- Assist with admissions into Sayre Christian Village.
- Update resident assignment sheets for SRNA’s.
- Update med chart sheets on a daily basis.
- Attend and communicate restraint meetings and reviews.
- Perform evaluations of staff on designated units.
- Counsel and support all staff of Sayre Christian Village.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of accident protocol.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with residents and families.
- Ability to work collaboratively with residents and Nursing Home employees as needed.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include weekends, evenings and overnight.
- Must obtain a thorough knowledge of residents’ rooms, files and medical supplies.
- Must obtain medical knowledge to ensure proper care is given to all residents.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of experience in an Assisted Living /Nursing Home facility.
- 2 years of Management experience preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently communicates with employees, residents, family members, etc.
- Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently remains in a standing position.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends when assisting residents and co-workers with resident needs.
- Must be able to use all body limbs up to 100 percent capacity.
- Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
Sayre Christian Village
HealthcareView all jobs at Sayre Christian Village