- Expired: May 14, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Section I. General Overview & Reporting:
The Warehouse Tech is responsible for carrying out day-to-day operations of the warehouse, unloading trucks, receiving in products, updating computer inventory system, general material handling, pulling orders, loading trucks & customer vehicles, handling "will call" orders, and other related warehouse tasks. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Section II. Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
The primary duties of the Warehouse Tech consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health & Safety
- Adhere to all health & safety policies and practices, including wearing proper PPE at all times
- Forklift or pallet jack safety:
- Follow safe practices (correct speed, utilization, seatbelts, protocols, etc.)
- Adhere to forklift inspection and maintenance protocols
- Ensure work zones are tidy, clutter and obstacle free
- Ensure truck drivers are following safety protocol
- Identify safety risks in the work area, and advise management
- Identify resolutions to safety concerns & participate in implementation
- Actively follow a "safety first" culture with a "zero accidents" goal
- Immediately notify management or HR of any safety incidences (accidents, or near misses)
- Pandemic or other health concerns protocol:
- Follow CDC guidelines on mask wearing, if applicable, as outlined by company policy.
- Before shift start, take temperature, and if temp is over defined maximum, follow company protocol (advise supervisor, answer related questions, leave the premises, get tested as required)
- Follow social distancing (work, break, common areas, etc.)
- Ensure all shift end cleaning is completed (work areas and forklifts cleaned and sanitized)
- Unload trucks
- Receive materials, products, etc. into the computer system
- Verify materials received against shipping documents & resolve discrepancies
- Move materials to racks
- Process outgoing orders to meet delivery deadlines
- Follow all shipping procedures:
- Pull products per order
- Pack or pallet wrap orders
- Check orders for completeness and accuracy
- Correctly load shipments on trucks for local delivery
- Customer assistance:
- Pull customer orders as needed
- Load customer orders into customer's vehicle
- Interact with customers in cordial, professional manner
- Inventory Management
- Organize and maintain inventory stock levels, per company guidelines
- Correctly slot inventory and update the computer inventory system with locations
- Ensure cleanliness, order & safety throughout racking/shelving system
- Assist with resolving inventory discrepancies and update computer inventory system
- Participate in scheduled cycle counts
- Participate in annual inventory counts
- Quality & Service
- Ensure order accuracy (internal & external) and adherence to on-time shipping schedule
- Handle Materials and finished goods carefully to prevent damage
- Promptly advise Warehouse Supervisor or management of any issues or concerns
- Additional Duties:
- Must work additional hours as needed, including some weekends (when possible, advance notice will be provided)
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company business matters
- Other duties, as assigned
Section III: Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- 2+ years warehouse/shipping or related experience
- Solid computer skills in inventory management systems, P21 a plus
- Forklift (standup & sitdown) and Pallet Jack experience
- Excellent dependability/reliability (good attendance is required)
- Solid problem resolution abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak and read English (production orders, shipping orders, communications, etc.)
- Ability to use good judgement and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to assist wherever needed
Section IV: Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment (exposure to heat, cold, dust, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Visual acuity required to safely drive forklift, operate machinery, read computer screens, written documents, inspect materials, products, etc.
- Must be able to work standing, stooping, bending, lifting, and in squatting position
- Manual dexterity required to operate forklift, machinery, handle materials, supplies, and perform data entry into computer system etc.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature & levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, & skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment & are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Saylite is an equal opportunity employer, and an Everify participant.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Saylite
Get fresh Warehouse Tech jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.