Computer Systems Tech
- Posted: over a month ago
Computer Systems Tech
Saylite, in Carrollton, TX, a visionary leader in the world of lighting, is seeking a Computer Systems Tech to provide first level technical support and expertise to our growing organization. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day first line troubleshooting, setups and maintenance of our computer systems, etc. escalating to our outside vendor partner for higher level support when necessary. This position will report to the CFO.
Quick Summary of this important role (full job description follows):
- Troubleshoot & prioritize IT work tickets supporting all Saylite employees at corporate/manufacturing location, as well as 4 showroom locations in TX
- Provide installation and maintenance services on computers, peripherals, and some network support
- Escalate higher level issues to outside IT partner, and work collaboratively with them on resolutions (being the onsite "hands & eyes" as needed)
Summary of Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience with computer systems, installation and maintenance
- Minimum 1 year work experience in the computer support field
- Excellent communication skills & (internal) customer service focus
- Strong troubleshooting & resolution abilities
- Bilingual a plus (English & Spanish)
More about Saylite: ABOUT SAYLITE
Saylite's journey into the lighting industry began in 1964 when our founder began his two-man fluorescent assembly business with a "yes, we can" attitude. Today, lighting is moving beyond illumination, providing powerful opportunities to impact health, productivity, mood, and security. We're in the midst of a lighting revolution, witnessing more changes in the past five years than in the five decades before. With a vision for a new type of lighting company - one that leverages the latest technologies while building on our founder's timeless values - the next generation of experienced professionals is reinventing our business. We've navigated the market shifts by embracing LED, smart lighting, sensors, and retrofits.
Saylite is large enough to have a strong foundation, yet small enough for individuals to make things happen and foster tangible results. We understand that our success is dependent on our team. That's why we treat our employees like family - maintaining a casual and comfortable work environment as well as offering opportunities for growth!
Join us in this exciting time as we implement an in-house first level IT support role, with a focus on caring for the internal customer, and providing timely and efficient resolutions to computer and related issues. (The full job description is below.)
It is an amazing time in lighting! It can enhance life and work in powerful ways, with technology creating new opportunities every day! Join us to be a part of this amazing adventure!
Thanks for checking us out!
Saylite is an Everify company and an equal opportunity employer.
Full Job Description
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Computer Systems Technician is responsible for the day-to-day first line troubleshooting and maintenance of the Company's computer systems, network and peripherals, as well as setup, installation, configuration, etc. The Computer Systems Technician provides support to all Saylite employees including hardware failures, software issues, and peripherals. This position reports directly to the CFO.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties of the Computer Systems Technician consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day support to end users by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and testing computer hardware, software and peripheral issues.
- Install, customize, configure, monitor and maintain hardware at all Saylite locations (Factory and showrooms) and for all remote employees (sales, customer service, etc.).
- Desktops, laptops, printers, servers
- Scanners (bar code and paper)
- Wireless access points, digital switches, routers
- Install and maintain computer system software and/or accesses.
- Microsoft 365
- User applications
- Maintain software and hardware inventory/security tracking
- Provide regular support of retrieval, and management for system backups.
- One Drive
- Backup of user, server, and server critical data files
- Backup system
- Install and maintain network printers/scanners.
- HP printers
- Multi-Function Printers/Scanners
- Support the management of the telephone system.
- Review, prioritize, and process problem reports; document all related procedures, installation, and training documents.
- Departmental projects - assist with, and maintain departmental projects, such as network maintenance, disaster recovery, security procedures, etc.
- Keep abreast of current issues and new product releases through industry contacts, publications, and training courses
- Network security - virus, internet filtering, and respond to network access requests and grant file access
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience in technical field with strong emphasis on computer systems, installation and maintenance
- Minimum one year of experience working on computer systems, the latest software and peripherals
- Solid working knowledge of computers and their application in financial, technical and production environments of a business
- Good working understanding of networks & network management
- Excellent customer service skills, working with internal customers
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills working with computer users with various levels of computer proficiency
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills, with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques as changes occur.
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and verbal
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to travel (about 5%) - primarily to Showroom locations in Dallas, Lewisville, Austin & Houston
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to reach, bend, lift (up to 50 lbs.) and move computer systems, monitors, and peripherals
- Visual acuity to read directions and connect computers
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature & levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, & skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment & are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Saylite
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?