Savoye NA Inc. is a rapidly growing North American industrial automation division of a global company. We are a project-based business, with our engineers participating as team members in multi-disciplined design teams driven by common objectives. We implement automated material handling projects throughout the US, with our design teams managing the project activities from design to implementation. If you are eager to work with the latest technologies, prefer fast paced environments, enjoy a team environment, want to accelerate your overall knowledge of automated systems, and have a passion for learning, then we will be a great fit for you.
· Completes electrical designs to company/customer standards as required based on project deliverables.
· Prepares bill of materials and component specifications for required components or assemblies to be procured.
· Authors Description of Operation (functional requirements documentation in support of pre-sales activities and projects).
· Performs integration of automated material handling equipment
· Works closely with project team members and project management to provide timely updates.
· Travels to customer sites for sales support, site evaluation, design considerations, design reviews, & project installations through system acceptance.
· Produces required documentation for the project: Operations manual, drawings, etc.
· Leads/Participates in special R&D assignments as requested
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent experience
· 5+ years experience designing and commissioning automated material handling systems, including electrical design, PLC, drive and motion controls, SCADA systems, and HMI
· Experience as PLC programmer utilizing, RSLogix, Unity Pro/ProWORK 32 software
· Experience with ASRS, robotics, conveyors, sortation systems, and other automated material handling equipment
· Experience with AC and DC drive systems, including PowerFlex, Altivar, and Sinamics
· HMI design and implementation using FactoryTalk View, Wonderware InTouch, and Ignition HMI packages
· Expert in PLC control networks, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, Profinet, Profibus, etc.
· Broad knowledge of electrical controls engineering, including electrical codes
· Ability to travel to support sales, project design, and installations
· Comfortable working in a team environment
· Comfortable and capable of clearly communicating and presenting to both internal and external stakeholders
· Experienced and proactive problem solver
We offer competitive salary, bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefit programs.