Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Salary Grade: 17 ($19.84-$24.80)
Revision Date: 11/2020
Are you a motivated and high performing individual who has strong people and organizational skills? Do you have a desire to work at a local business dedicated to meeting the financial needs customers, validating the investment of its shareholders, and investing its time, money, and expertise to support worthy causes throughout Lake and Mendocino Counties? Savings Bank of Mendocino County has proudly been serving the needs of our communities since 1903 and is seeking a qualified professional for the role of IT Infrastructure Supervisor in the Technology Department. This position involves working with all technology staff to ensure infrastructure services meet or exceed business and technical requirements.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will assist Bank computer users and support IT operations, install and maintain computers and software in the Windows operating system environment, the Microsoft Office suite of applications software, various Banking specific applications, and the in–house telephone system at the Bank's various locations. You will also support and maintain printers, scanners, multi-function printer/fax/scanners, and other related technology equipment.
The ideal candidate for this position has at least 2 years of experience in a hands-on role in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, who serves the needs of a technically advanced community bank. A successful person in this role is highly accountable, able to build professional working relationships, driven by a sense of urgency, creative and innovative, passionate in all they do, and willing to say what they mean and mean what they say. SBMC is excited to add to our team individuals who embrace technology excellence, seek to wow their customers, and to fulfill the Bank's vision of Investing in the future as your local independent bank, committed to the prosperity of our communities, employees and shareholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs software installation, upgrades, and maintenance on desktop workstations.
- Performs routine hardware maintenance and repairs on printers, workstations, and scanners.
- Performs cable installation and testing.
- Assists IT Infrastructure System Engineers with network, hardware, software and communications issues, including installations, upgrades, repairs and/or replacements of system components to ensure continuous equipment availability.
- Assists IT Infrastructure System Engineers in the maintenance of the in–house telephone system.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory records.
- Performs systems patch management utilizing a specialized patch management application.
- Provides Help Desk support to all levels of end–users for all hardware and software utilized throughout the organization.
- Obtains competitive quotes for equipment purchases as needed.
- Maintains vendor relationships in support of department supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two years of work experience at the journeyman level in technical support.
- Familiarity with Windows-based computer.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License.
- A.A. or A.S. degree in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- Work experience and/or training in banking, finance industry.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and banking-related software.
- Experience with ITIL Service Management disciplines.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and monitor client-based technologies.
- Evaluate Information to Determine Compliance with Standards – Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether transactions, events or processes within scope of authority comply with laws, regulations or Bank standards.
- Work Directly with the Public – Ability to deal directly, face-to-face and on the phone with the public, following the Bank's Customer Service Standards.
- Establish and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgment and make and act upon decisions within the scope of assigned authority; ability to organize and prioritize work with direction from department management; ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers, vendors and Bank staff in order to create and maintain good public relations in day–to–day contact and the handling of inquiries and/or disputes.
- Reliable to report to work on time with minimal absences.
- Competitive, market-based pay
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision and more
- 401(k) plan with maximum 6% employer match
- Profit Sharing plan
- Generous paid time off plans
- Employee Health and Wellness program
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Career development and training opportunities
Savings Bank of Mendocino County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selections are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Savings Bank of Mendocino County will consider all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is set in a quiet, office environment. The position is generally regarded as light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to alternately stand, walk, sit, reach with arms, talk or hear and use hands to write, type, and handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Some driving may be required.
Employee must possess the ability to read, write, perform basic math functions, understand basic communication and instructions, carry out instructions, complete basic problem-solving and analyzing of information, and make independent decisions within scope of responsibility.
A post-offer physical is not required for this position.
Savings Bank of Mendocino County