Well Reputable Family Clinic in Frederick Maryland, we provide medical services including mental health treatment.
Description of role:
We are searching for a reliable Certified Medical Assistant to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. He or she must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Update and maintain all digital client records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Work in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they enter the facility
- Assist the nurse and office manager in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
- Perform venipunctures and injections.
- Clean and sanitize tools and equipment daily.
- Administer throat cultures, nasal culture, STD testing and urinalyses and other tests as ordered under the supervision of the medical Provider.
- Ensured cleanliness and order of triage facilities in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Alert Physicians of patients' allergies prior to beginning exams.
- Assist Physicians with injections, aspirations, castings and/or other procedures as necessary.
- Monitor supply levels, and replace as needed.
- Instruct patients regarding information needed once they leave the office to include:
- Use of braces or crutches,
- Medication usage
- Home Exercise Program
Skills and requirements:
- Associate degree in a medical field or High School Equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- New Graduates are Welcome
- High level of professionalism
- Strong customer service skills
- Inventory management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Full time and Part time positions available, Monday-Saturday, 9 am - 5:30 pm evenings and weekend required
- On-the-job training
- One week Vacation/sick days for full time employees
- Quarterly offsite team retreats
- Colonial Life
- IRA/ Retirement Plan
Apply today and join our team!