Sensor technology, the Internet of Things, and Big Data analytics are some of the hottest areas in tech right now. At Savi Technology we offer you the ability to work on ALL of these, with three critical differentiators. First, you get to work with a fantastic tech stack. Second, you get to use this technology to solve very interesting, real-world problems. Third, you get to see some of the largest companies in the world use your solutions everyday—on billions of dollars of “things”—to realize millions of dollars of value.
Savi Technology is hiring engineers excited by the prospect of using big data technologies to enable our customers to change the entire operation of their enterprises using insights and predictions from sensor and IoT data. We are currently looking for two well qualified individuals to join our team and are open to varying levels of experience and will match compensation accordingly. So if you are a new up-and-comer ready to learn or a seasoned vet ready to tackle items at a more architectural level we look forward to hearing from you. We have created an architecture using Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and Solr that combines data ingestion, transformation, finite state processing, aggregation, indexing, and immutable storage to create an infrastructure for sensor data. We tackle fun challenges like ingestion of data in real-time—without any need of an API—and exactly-once processing at thousands of transactions per node per second.
We work in multi-disciplined teams of product managers, hardware engineers, data engineers, data scientists, application engineers, and dev-ops professionals. You will see your work in production in days or weeks—not months. You will get the opportunity and flexibility to explore a wide range of technologies and challenges.
If you are excited by the combination of a “can do” startup culture and the customer base and financials of an established company and want to build solutions for the Internet of Things and to tackle big real-world challenges, then Savi Technology is right for you.
- Design and develop components of big data processing, as part of an agile team
- Monitor system performance and design and develop improvements
- Perform testing and validation to ensure integrity of solutions
- Actively participate in the process of developing requirements and release timetables
Qualifications & Experience Requirments
- 3+ years demonstrable expertise in Scala, Spark, Cassandra, and Kafka (or similar transferable technologies) is essential.
- Distributed System Development for large scale applications
- Experience developing optimum strategies for distributing data over a cluster
- Preparation of documentation of infrastructure and operational procedures
- Professional experience with NoSQL solutions to solve real-world scaling problems
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- Experience with agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Strong attention to detail, good work ethic and great problem solving skills
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in both real time and batch reporting/analytical applications
- Experience with our stack: Spark, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Parquet, Java, Python and Linux
- Experience with large scale NoSQL or SQL databases is a strong plus
- Experience working and implementing machine learning algorithms in the big data environment
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required, e.g. Comp Sci, Engineering, Math
This position is based in our Alexandria, Virginia office.
Savi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law
Bonus points for sharing your Github account with your resume.