The Senior Accountant at Savers has responsibilities that includes the financial close, compensation accounting, lease accounting, fixed assets, annual audit and statutory audit processes. Drive process improvements and preparation of financial reports.
Who we are:
Savers / Value Village is a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
We operate over 300 locations and are headquartered in Bellevue, WA with satellite corporate offices in Renton, WA and Boise, ID. Our brands are Savers (in the U.S), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with compliance and controls team to implement controls
• Prepare / participate in monthly close/consolidation and account reconciliation processes
• Prepare / participate in monthly reporting and analysis processes
• Participate in annual external audit and statutory audit processes
• Ensure compliance with GAAP, including implementation of new standards and impact on business
• Business partner to organization regarding functional questions/interactions
• Strong understanding of all areas of general accounting including leases, fixed assets, costing, payroll/compensation, allocations, etc.
• Identifies, recommends and implements accounting process improvements to support the company goals and objectives
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and controls/compliance infrastructure
• Strong knowledge and application of GAAP – US and international
• Change management
• Possess intellectual curiosity and critical thinking abilities
• Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
• Have a strong sense of urgency
• Able to manage multiple responsibilities
• Process improvement/idea generation/implementation
• Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience with preparation of external financial statements preferred not required
• Some travel may be required
Minimum Required Education, Training & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA a plus
• Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
• 1-3 years of public accounting experience
• Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations a plus
• Process improvement/project management skills a plus
We operate over 300 locations. Our brands are Savers (in the U.S), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
Savers | Value Village