Vacation Relief Operator - 2nd/3rd Shift $33/hour
- Posted: December 09, 2022
- $33 Hourly
The Vacation Relief Operator is a key member of the production team. The Primary job function is to temporarily relieve operators while on vacation. This position will eventually learn all equipment plant wide, so they can efficiently cover any and all vacation requests This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assemble Parts for production in 8oz/3lb/30lb filler rooms;
- Ensure filler parts are properly washed and sanitize before installation;
- Print orders and insure correct codes are applied and lab verification;
- Ensure accurate weights being packaged;
- Insert work orders in SAP system for code dates;
- Check and change labels and materials to satisfy customer request;
- Track batches, dates of materials been used including lot numbers;
- Set up palletizing system and robot packers for production;
- Quality check individual units prior to packaging, insure metal detector is functioning properly, all required documents are filled out with accuracy;
- Ensure x-ray machines are functioning properly and on proper settings;
- Perform general housekeeping as required (sweep warehouse, scrub floor, stack cardboard, empty trash, blow down box makers, clean Fanuc robots, etc.);
- Maintain parts sink with proper iodine solution throughout the shift;
- Run 3 lb. filler / ensure hopper is properly placed and capped;
- Run 30 lb./Cap fillers;
- Run 8 oz. filler / ensure hopper is properly placed and capped;
- Bulk Tanker liquid ingredients receiving, including CIP (Clean in Place) of Tanker and Lines;
- Batching and Blending of Mix, including CIP;
- Pasteurization of Mix through HTST, including CIP of system and all associated lines;
- Separator operation to manufacture cheese, including CIP;
- CIP of all Processing and Equipment, including, Blend Tanks, Set Tanks, valves and all associated lines;
- Contribute to the team effort to assure quality, consistency, efficiency, and reduce loss, etc.;
- Safely operate a forklift;
- Perform repetitive tasks efficiently;
- Ensure all PPE is worn properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties on the job, the physical demands are:
Stand – continuously;
Stoop/Bend – frequently;
Squat – occasionally;
Crawl – never;
Climb Stairs or ladders – frequently;
Reach – chest level, above or below – frequently;
Push - 300 lbs. occasionally;
Pull - 300 lbs. occasionally;
Lift/carry- 50 lbs. frequently.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 0-6 months’ experience in food manufacturing;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Forklift License (Company will pay and arrange for testing);
- Computer skills and basic knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
Savencia Cheese USA
AddressLa Puente, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?