Sanitation Technician - 3rd Shift $26.00/hour
- Posted: 13 days ago
- $26 Hourly
The Sanitation Technician position performs all tasks in the cleaning of equipment in a food manufacturing plant. This includes the use of corrosive chemicals daily to clean assigned production equipment, machines, floors, drain lines and the entire production area. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure sanitation of the production plant is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Properly store and protect all equipment that cannot get wet;
- Collect and pump all cheese from the hopper of the filler to white or color rinse and identify & communicate waste;
- Responsible for disassembly of the tear down parts and setup for any Clean in Place (CIP) connections for filler (s) and maintain equipment;
- Responsible for cleaning fillers either by manual cleaning or usage of C.O.P. troughs at the correct temperature/time/ and chemical concentration;
- Clean/rinse/ and sanitize filler (s) before re-assembly for production.
- Check the daily production schedule and complete appropriate setup for the filler and area;
- Sign off on CCP checks and cleanliness checks; daily
- Responsible for completing Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned;
- Clean floor, overhead piping, ceiling, below machines, drains, hand sanitizer station, walls, and light diffusers;
- Complete self-audit of all equipment and environment; Daily
- Check for any visible damage to equipment daily and report damage to supervisor & maintenance;
- Properly store all cleaning supplies at the end of the shift;
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Process;
- Follows all Quality policies & procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s);
- Follows all Safety policies & procedures and participates in monthly observations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a manufacturing/plant environment with the following conditions;
Exposure to hot climate frequently
Exposure to chemicals frequently
Exposure to noise and vibration continuously
Exposure to wet and humid conditions continuously
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Stand - continuously
Stoop/Bend – frequently
Squat - occasionally
Crawl - occasionally
Climb Stairs or ladders -occasionally
Reach - chest level, above or below - occasionally
Push - 100 lbs. occasionally
Pull - 100 lbs. occasionally
Lift/carry - up to 80 lbs. occasionally
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary depending on the shift and department. Overtime and weekend work is required at times. Vacation coverage is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED;
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
1st Day Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Short Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Perfect Attendance Program
Savencia Cheese USA LLC
AddressCity of Industry, CA
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?