We are seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our team! You will conduct tests to determine the quality of materials and finished products as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for all aspects of Quality Control pertaining to raw material COA’s, Finished Goods inspection, Quality Control tests to validate finished good quality, data entry, record keeping of QC data and production process paperwork. Position requires ability to follow and understand ISO procedures, GMP processes, and all ASTM QC test methods.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Quality Control Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for following Savare Specialty Adhesives LLC health, safety, and environmental regulations including maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Conducts tests using laboratory equipment
- Controlling all necessary quality and process documentation including labels, inspection forms, test records, production inspection records, instrument logs, CoA records, work instructions, formulation documents and all aspects of the ISO Quality Management System.
- Support Quality through audits, including the corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Assists management with problem-solving and driving continuous improvement.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records,
- Brings all quality issues to the attention of Quality Manager
- Complete assignments correctly and on time
- Other essential duties as assigned
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of a High school diploma, additional training in a technical, mechanical, or mathematical field desired. Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated Computer literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with ERP and relational databases a plus.
- Demonstrated Mathematical/Computational skill including algebraic equations, proportions, and fractions.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including written, electronic, and verbal.
- LEAN manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as formula/batch tickets, ASTM methods, process flow diagrams, maintenance and process instructions, and technical procedures.
- Ability to communicate/document process and product issues with peers.
- Self-directed and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to set priorities while multitasking and manage workload
- Job requires a strong attention to detail
- Ability to influence change within and drive quality improvement with peers.
- Available to work rotating shifts that are subject to change to meet business needs.