Patient Account Auditor (Dental)
- Posted: over a month ago
At Savannah Dental, the goal of our caring team is to provide comprehensive oral health care and cosmetic dentistry services to people of all ages living in and around Savannah, Georgia, and throughout Chatham County. Our practice a technologically advanced, state-of-the-art facility with world-class general dentists and an internationally renowned implantologist. These factors facilitate exceptional continuity of care, ensuring each individual receives the treatment they need.
The Internal, Patient Accounts Auditor is responsible for executing audits as part of the Savannah Dental's internal audit and controls program. The Internal Auditor executes audit procedures to assess financial, operational and information technology internal controls to safeguard company resources and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Internal Auditor makes recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management; control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable company's objectives and goals to be met.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Full Time | M-F | Non-Exempt
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Reviews and audits dental records for accurate procedure and ADA description
- Reviews dental software to determine if coding, billing, claim follow-up, payments receipts, posting activities, and credit processing are being performed in an accurate and timely manner by the company.
- Educates providers/team members when deficiencies in documentation and code descriptions are identified.
- Tracks and reports on individual provider/team metrics with regard to certain common provider/team documentation errors.
- Ensure accounts are accurate in regard to proper consent forms, signed treatment plans, efficient chart notes, accurate billing, etc.
- Identifies and uses techniques to identify improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes at a basic level.
- Ensures every patient has completed paperwork, updated medical histories, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the director.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) Business, Finance, or Management, or related field; preferred.
- Three to five years of experience working in a dental office, preferably in a billing or insurance role, required.
- Proven knowledge of dental coding, procedures, billing, and compliance, required.
Skills and Abilities:
- A good understanding of working with KPIs
- Experience with PMS (Curve preferred)
- Solid knowledge of excel; ability to create and track metrics
- Good written and verbal communication is required together with good interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of auditing; strong attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation.
- Access to Great Benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Supplemental Plans)
- Paid Time Off
- Company 401k Plan
- Excellent Culture and Team/Patient Centric Environment
Disclaimer: Savannah Dental is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (912) 355-8821 to speak with human resources.
Acceptable Background and References Required. Equal Employment Opportunity/ DFWP
TourismView all jobs at Savannah Dental