Assistant Operations Manager
SavATree Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a place where you can thrive and grow?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive lawn and tree care, we work hard to make sure our customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
Our Assistant Operations Manager will support the Operations Manager with Balancing Safety, Quality and Production, and achieving business goals for Customer Net Promoter Score, Employee Engagement and Profitability.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Assisting with recruiting and training field personnel.
- Assist with monitoring and enforcing all safety and quality control standards.
- Coordinate training of all field personnel to ensure proper training, licensing, etc. including overseeing the implementation of the Self-Directed Advancement Program (SDAP).
- Assist with purchasing materials, supplies and maintain inventory for daily operations of Branch.
- Monitor crew productivity, quality and customer service and ensure goals and targets are being met on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis.
- Support and drive a continuous improvement culture as it pertains to field operations and the facility.
- Ensure all areas of operations are properly supplied, staffed and controlled.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance of facility.
- Resolve all customer comments in accordance with Standard Work.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
Any other tasks as deemed by business needs and management.
Decision Making Authority:
- Interview and selection of field personnel; partner with Branch Manager regarding compensation related to experience, equity and the budget. Manage employee relations issues in partnership with Human Resources (all corrective action memos must be vetted by HR prior to issuing).
- Purchase and manage inventory up to a $5k spend
- Facility repair and maintenance spend between $ 3k – 5k
- Fleet repair and maintenance spend up to $2,500
- Adherence to and corrective action regarding Safety and Regulatory compliance
Internal: Operations Manager, Branch Manager/Leader, Field Personnel, Human Resources, Claims Management, Fleet Manager, Routing
External: Clients, Vendors
Must be comfortable working in an office environment and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Must be able to sit, stand, and drive for extended periods, lift up to 75 lbs. and navigate/use technology.
Qualifications for this Role:
- Degree in Business Management or Arboriculture, Forestry, Environmental Sciences (preferred)
- ISA Certification (or willingness to obtain) a definite plus
- 2+ years of management experience in the tree care industry experience preferred
- Successful candidates will excel in logistics and have experience in the day-to-day operations of a business, preferably in the tree care or landscape industries
- Business management as well as knowledge of General Tree Care, Plant Health Care or Lawn Care ideal
This position pays between $60,000-$70,000 + benefits + 401K + paid PTO
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace
BusinessView all jobs at SavATree