Running Crew Lead
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts is a community-based art center transforming lives through innovative education, bold entertainment, and unexpected engagement. We are a community asset, a collaborative partner, and are deeply committed to building a stronger, more vibrant regional arts & cultural landscape.
This position will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to learn and work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel, applying and enhancing their knowledge bases. Running Crew are expected to perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of their knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. The Running Crew Lead is expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder. Hours are dependent on performance times and include evenings and weekends.
Running Crew Lead opportunities, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Move set pieces and props as directed by the Stage Manager and other authorized technical personnel
- Timely attendance at all technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals, performances, and photo calls
- Meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- Coordinating with the Stage Manager, other running crew; Technical Director and Props Master
- Minor set and props repairs in a timely manner
- Keeping work areas for said repairs clean and organized
- Ability to pay attention and follow verbal directions
- Has appropriate physical strength/condition to perform physical tasks such as moving scenery and properties
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to follow directions and to work with minimal supervision
- Some Running Crew experience and/or education is a plus
REPORTS TO: The Running Crew Lead reports directly to the Equity Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
COMMITMENT: This is a non-Equity position running for the productions Kinky Boots and/or Jersey Boys (Subject to change). It is a temporary, part-time position. It is possible to hold this position for more than one production per season. Productions run 7 weeks in length.
June 16 - Designer Run (TBD)
June 18 - 22 - Tech week
June 23 - Opening
July 17 - Closing
Aug 4 - Designer Run (TBD)
Aug 5 - (Benefit)
Aug 6-10 - Tech Week
August 11 - Opening
Sept 3 - Closing
COMPENSATION: Negotiable. Housing may be available.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter and resume with reference contact information.
Saugatuck Center for the Arts
Get fresh Art Runner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.