- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts is a community-based art center transforming lives through innovative education, bold entertainment, and unexpected engagement. We are a community asset, a collaborative partner, and are deeply committed to building a stronger, more vibrant regional arts & cultural landscape.
This position and/or internship will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to learn and work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel, applying and enhancing their knowledge bases. Dressers are expected to perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of their knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. The Dresser is expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder. Hours are dependent on performance times and include evenings and weekends. Training (an internship) is available to those with an interest, but little or no Dresser experience.
Opportunities, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting performers with costume changes as directed by the Wardrobe Supervisor, Stage Manager, Costume Designer and other authorized technical personnel
- Timely attendance at all technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals, performances, and photo calls
- Minor costume repairs and quick fixes
- Minor costume maintenance
- Meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- Ability to pay attention and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to work quickly, problem solve, and keep cool in stressful situations
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership abilities
- Basic sewing skills
- Has appropriate physical strength/condition to perform physical tasks such as moving full costume racks
- Must be comfortable and discreet around undressed actors
REPORTS TO: The Dresser Interns report directly to the Wardrobe Supervisor and the Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
COMMITMENT: This is a non-Equity position running for the productions Kinky Boots and/or Jersey Boys (Subject to change). It is a temporary, part-time position. It is possible to hold this position for more than one production per season. Productions run 7 weeks in length.
June 16 - Designer Run (TBD)
June 18 - 22 - Tech week
June 23 - Opening
July 17 - Closing
Aug 4 - Designer Run (TBD)
Aug 5 - (Benefit)
Aug 6-10 - Tech Week
August 11 - Opening
Sept 3 - Closing
COMPENSATION: Negotiable. Housing may be available.
College credit: It is the student Intern’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at their school. MSW/SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter and resume with reference contact information.
Saugatuck Center for the Arts
Get fresh Art Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.