Employer Services Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Bellingham, WA and founded in 1989, Saturna Capital is an investment adviser to thirteen Mutual Funds and a variety of private client and other pooled investment funds. Saturna has experienced rapid growth over the past several years and values the development of its employees. Our company culture emphasizes sustainability and employee wellness, and employees enjoy unique events and many benefits – including profit sharing, 401(k) matching, and 100% of employee medical insurance premiums paid by the company. We strive to be a best place to work in Bellingham.
The Employer Services Support Specialist will assist the department in key areas of operational and sales productivity. This role will support our Sales efforts, Operations/Client Service efforts and Product Development/Special Activities. The responsibility split will shift seasonally depending on divisional needs. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right person to gain experience in the Employer based plans (401k plans, Cash Balance Plans, Health Savings Accounts) and the different roles required to provide a valued laden product with an exceptional level of client service.
The successful candidate will acquire a well-rounded understanding of Employer based products within the financial services industry. The successful candidate will touch most aspects of the business and allowing him/her to make a highly educated decision on their next career move.
Essential job functions:
Sales Support Activities
- Perform prospective Employer client outreach and other support for Retirement Plan Specialist (RPS)
- Book prospect appointments for RPS via outbound phone calls and emails.
- Attend prospect meetings with RPS to understand Employer Services products and how they add value to our clients.
- Assist RPS with sales cycle, including items such as requesting customized marketing materials for prospects, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Generate certain required documents (proposals, presentations, contracts, etc.)
- Assist RPS throughout new plan implementation process and attend enrollment meetings to learn process.
Operations Support Activities
- Generate participant engagement and education materials for individual plans, such as enrollment kits, enrollment meeting slide decks, plan highlight sheet creations, etc.
- Creating and send bulk emails to existing clients to remind them of certain seasonal plan deadlines.
- Assist Operations team during high-volume time of year with additional tasks (help clean up inaccurate client files and data).
Product Development / Special Activities
- Assist the VP in communicating and maintaining deadlines with internal Saturna departments (IT, Marketing, Finance, etc.).
- Assist the VP with generating standard and custom reports (Fi360 investment monitoring reports, FDi benchmarking reports, etc.).
- Conduct competitive and industry research to validate or disprove product ideas/concepts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite; Familiarity with Apple computers, a plus.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of customers
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability; results orientation
- Ability to stay organized and focused, with a strong attention to detail, in a busy environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to apply rules to different situations (stay consistent in decision making)
- Strong project management skills, the ability to balance team orientation with ability to work independently
- Confidence to ask questions when unsure or believe issues may be lurking
- Desire to learn the Employer Services business and understand the marketplace
- Comfort working independently, problem solving, taking direction, and obtain new skills and techniques
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection during core business hours when not in the office
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to successfully complete pre-employment requirements such as a logic test, background and credit check, drug screen and reference check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required FINRA SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 licenses within first 9 months of employment
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 2 years’ experience in customer service
- Prior employer services or financial services experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to stand or sit in a stationary position up to 80% of the time
- Requires both gross and fine motor skills; Must be able to use computer, printers, phones and other office equipment up to 80% of the time
- Must be able to hear; understand and distinguish sounds up to 100% of the time
- Must be able to see; both near and far visual acuity required up to 100% of the time
- Must be able to speak; verbally communicate with stakeholders up to 100% of the time
- Little to no travel requirements for this position
Saturna Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
BusinessView all jobs at Saturna Capital