- Posted: over a month ago
To execute the Quality Control tactical plan throughout the facility and in the site laboratory..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Executes and complies with Quality/Food Safety Key Performance Indictors (KPIs)
- Executes and complies with implemented procedures.
- Identifies and reports quality issues Quality Leads
- Performs in-process and finished goods lab activities and testing.
- Executes laboratory procedures.
- Performs Tactical SPC plan
- Complies and ensures the HACCP CCPs are checked, documented, and reports any abnormality to the Quality Associates.
- Communicates any quality related production abnormality to the Quality Leads.
- Ensures products and documentations required for the daily review panels are organized and ready for daily morning reviews.
- Supports the QC Leads and QA Supervisor in other areas as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Food science or related field desired
- If no degree, must have some level of food or pet food manufacturing experience
- Certification in SQF a plus but not required
- Certification in HACCP a plus but not required
- Limited Problem-Solving training a plus
Computer and Technology Skills:
- Ability to use MS Office Suite is required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. German language speaking skills is another advantage.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and ability to apply concepts such as: fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Job descriptions are not intended to create a contract, nor are they to be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a contract of employment between Saturn Petcare Inc. and any of its employees. The provisions of job descriptions have been developed at the discretion of management and may be amended or cancelled at any time by Saturn Petcare Inc. with or without notice.
Employment with Saturn Petcare Inc. is voluntarily entered into, and the employee is free to resign at will at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, Saturn Petcare Inc. may terminate the employment relationship at will at any time, with or without notice or cause, so long as there is not violation of applicable federal or state law.
Saturn Petcare Inc
AddressTerre Haute, IN
TechnologyView all jobs at Saturn Petcare Inc