Warehouse Operator (Dulles, VA)
- Posted: over a month ago
With more than USD 2.2 billion in revenue, Satair USA Inc. is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Airbus SAS and a world leader in sales and distribution of spare parts for aircraft maintenance. We integrate the entire aerospace value chain connecting both ends of the aerospace aftermarket.
Every day our 1,200 employees at 10 offices and locations around the world work hard to build and sustain supplier relationships and to support airlines and MROs in optimizing their spare parts management, maximizing their distribution networks and realizing their business potential. We are devoted to creating innovative and reliable solutions for our business partners, continuously lifting industry standards. What we do is so much more than distribution, support and service. We deliver excellence. We connect people and business partners all over the world.
You will get a challenging job in an innovative, growing, global company with a world-class service ambition. Our culture is non-bureaucratic, with a hands-on professional approach and always focused on how Satair can help our customers and suppliers become more competitive in the long term.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Responsible for receiving, inspections, inventory control, record keeping, storage, pick, pack and ship all materials in compliance with all required regulations and operational standards on a daily basis. Following priorities and instructions given by the Managers in the Americas region. This position is designated as essential personnel (subject to mandatory attendance - incumbents in essential positions are required to attend their normal place of work when the facility is closed).
- Accurately input all material information into applicable ERP systems that are related to receiving, inspection, put away, inventory accuracy, picking, shipping, cycle count and scrapping (SAP).
- Receive, pick, pack and process orders in the correct priority sequence according to established performance targets; packing parts for safe shipment according to the shipping instructions and applicable standard specifications (ATA300).
- Label, weigh, and obtain dimensions for freight/shipments.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Detail oriented in order to detect parts accuracy, accurate counts, and document/certifications requirements.
- Follow up on non-conformities as it relates to material or processes with quality department.
- Perform inventory cycle counts on all material under warehouse control/responsibility.
- Perform inventory investigations on inventory discrepancies using LEAN tools and root cause analysis.
- Maintain Quality Management System certification, Participate in surveillance audits (EASA, FAA, EN91**, other), and provide root cause analysis of Non-conformities.
- Participate in special projects that support LEAN initiatives, business improvement workshops.
- Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of the work environment.
- Inform Manager of any process, inventory or system issues immediately.
- Maintain quality standards for warehouse storage and service including communication to internal and external customers.
- Identify system or process issues and communicate those to IT and Warehouse Management.
- Follow all operational standard process (SOP/Standard work instructions).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Ability to respond to customers with efficiency and engage in positive interpersonal exchanges with internal customers, managers and other teams.
- Ability to understand and follow export compliance regulations required.
- Ability to reference Technical Documentation and provide information requested to support operations.
- Forklift experience/certified preferred but, training is provided.
- SAP - MRP Inventory system software knowledge preferred but, training is provided.
- Knowledge of aircraft parts is a plus.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional integrity.
- Demonstrate a high level of energy, persistence and "can do" attitude.
- Detail oriented and self-driven.
- Ability to successfully complete material handling equipment training.
- Ability to successfully complete hazardous material training.
- Ability to successfully complete safety and ethics trainings.
- Familiarity with using basic computer systems, Gmail and MS Office.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both in writing and verbally
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements and ability to work safely.
- 5% Domestic
- Authorized to Work in the US
SATAIR USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
As a matter of policy, SATAIR USA, Inc., does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
SATAIR USA, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Satair