Quality Inspector (Contract)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With more than USD 2.2 bn in revenue, Satair Group is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Airbus SAS and a world leader in sales and distribution of spare parts for aircraft maintenance. We integrate the entire aerospace value chain connecting both ends of the aerospace aftermarket.
Every day our 1,200 employees at 10 offices and locations around the world work hard to build and sustain supplier relationships and to support airlines and MROs in optimizing their spare parts management, maximizing their distribution networks and realizing their business potential. We are devoted to creating innovative and reliable solutions for our business partners, continuously lifting industry standards. What we do is so much more than distribution, support and service. We deliver excellence. We connect people and business partners all over the world.
You will get a challenging job in an innovative, growing, global company with a world-class service ambition. Our culture is non-bureaucratic, with a hands-on professional approach and always focused on how Satair Group can help our customers and suppliers become more competitive in the long term.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Position Summary: To ensure compliance with quality controls and public, customer and supplier requirements in accordance with Satair's objectives and strategies. Also to review current Federal Aviation Administration regulations as well as FAA Orders to identify all FAA 8130-3 are accurately completed
Primary Responsibilities: 55%
- Perform initial assessments and periodic audits of supplier quality systems for the purpose of approving new suppliers and verifying continuing supplier conformance to quality system requirements
- Initiate recording of supplier claims and follow-up with supplier on corrective actions to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
- Act as liaison for the supplier and the company to resolve nonconformance and quality problems by interacting and communicating both externally and internally with various levels of management of the supplier and the company
- Provide support and direction to the Customer Service team on customer's claim and follow up with the Customer Service team to ensure accurate handling and closure of the claim
- Be responsible for non-conforming material handling and disposition of material
- Provide support and direction to the warehouse and shipping team on the incoming and outgoing quality assurance process
- Perform first time inspection of new suppliers
- Ensure that rejected goods from suppliers as well as returned goods from customers are handled according to the guidelines laid down; advise the Manager - Quality of deviations in connection with changes in quality requirements from customers, suppliers and authorities
Secondary Responsibilities: 35%
- Maintain documentation in accordance with EN/AS 9120 / EN 9110 and other legislation
- Perform inspections and conduct surveillances of warehouse operations
- Identify and document conditions adverse to quality
- Update Manager - Quality if there is any diversion in the requirement to the supplier, customer and authority regulation
- Reply to customer and supplier assessment evaluation forms with reference to Satair's Quality System
- Serve as alternate for the Manager - Quality when so assigned
- Maintain tidy conditions in own working area and any other areas for which the individual is responsible
Additional Responsibilities: 10%
- Other duties as assigned
Assist the Manager - Quality to establish and implement the independent quality system with its administration to ensure that the activities carried out in the organization are in compliance with the applicable EN9110, AS/EN 9120, ISO 9001, FAA AC 00-56A and the regulatory requirements, relevant procedures and instructions that are called out by the approved documents.
- Assist with the coordination of Quality training activities whenever such activities occur - to ensure Quality personnel acquire and maintain appropriate acknowledgment.
- Work in backup capacity within the warehouse area by arrangement with the Manager Quality.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:Education:
- Min two years' of aviation experience with at least one year in quality assurance function preferably with a background as aircraft mechanic or engineer.
- Proficient in airworthiness authorities' regulatory requirements, such as, FAR145, EASA145, CCAR145 and SAR145.
- Knowledge of AS9100/AS9120/ISO9001 quality system requirements.
- Technically knowledgeable and capable of grasping detailed engineering and quality concepts.
- Ability to analyze inspection findings, and identify best case analysis.
- PC literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good teammate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to multitask well.
- Intercultural understanding.
- Ability to understand and read blueprints, schematics & Component Maintenance Manuals.
- Be familiar with aircraft subsystems, components, associated equipment and technical documentation systems.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes tools.
- Familiar with work-related routines under Satair's ERP system.
- Familiar with SAP programs.
- 5% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to work with and a high level of integrity and passionate in problem solving and focus for results.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, ability to act quickly, attention to detail, driven approach to job duties and requirements.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:Nature of Contacts:
Identify the communications in performing the responsibilities of this position: internal, external, cursory, involved, influencing, negotiating, and frequency.Involved communication daily with external parties only
SATAIR USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
As a matter of policy, SATAIR USA, Inc., does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
SATAIR USA, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
This position is a temporary (contract) position projected to go through December of 2022 but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Satair
Get fresh Revenue Inspector jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.