Quality Inspector, Certifying Staff
- Posted: over a month ago
With more than USD 2.2 bn in revenue, Satair Group is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Airbus SAS and a world leader in sales and distribution of spare parts for aircraft maintenance. We integrate the entire aerospace value chain connecting both ends of the aerospace aftermarket.
Every day our 1,200 employees at 10 offices and locations around the world work hard to build and sustain supplier relationships and to support airlines and MROs in optimizing their spare parts management, maximizing their distribution networks and realizing their business potential. We are devoted to creating innovative and reliable solutions for our business partners, continuously lifting industry standards. What we do is so much more than distribution, support and service. We deliver excellence. We connect people and business partners all over the world.
You will get a challenging job in an innovative, growing, global company with a world-class service ambition. Our culture is non-bureaucratic, with a hands-on professional approach and always focused on how Satair Group can help our customers and suppliers become more competitive in the long term.
Position Summary: Apply existing aerospace knowledge and expertise to inspect a variety of products ensuring conformance with all associated quality procedures, procurement specifications and industry standards, including customer requirements. Review, analyze and approve aerospace articles that have been manufactured under several type so airworthiness approvals or maintained under FAA/EASA Part 145 regulations.
- Responsible for the inspection of manufactured and repaired aerospace parts in accordance with pre-set inspection criteria.
- Issuing of Authorized Release Certificate (EASA Form 1) Part 21G in accordance to existing regulations
- Research, investigate, and document the root cause of material non-conformances.
- Perform ad-hoc inspections on existing inventory, special projects and consignment stocks.
- Monitor and report on supplier and contractor's delivery performance in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Identify quality escapes on material certifications, CofC's, delivery notes and work reports.
- Research technical data such as Shelf Life, Periodic Check, Mod Status and AD compliance, when necessary.
- Apply LEAN tools to identify and implement operational improvements.
- Apply quality processes for the rework or disposal of scrap inventory.
- Maintains material batch and manufacturer traceability information. Documents and records inspection results for all material types within Satair inventory inspection system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- 3-5+ years of experience in quality inspection techniques in the aviation field.
- Must pass a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol misuse prevention program test.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and maintenance principles involved with aerospace components.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- 2 years post-secondary education from a two year college or technical school in the following disciplines: aerospace engineer, system engineering, electro mechanical, drafting.
- Intermediate level in LEAN processes and techniques and knowledge of LEAN tools to achieve continuous improvement. FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) license or previous Military Maintenance certification preferred or equivalent years of experience.
SATAIR USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
As a matter of policy, SATAIR USA, Inc., does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
SATAIR USA, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Satair
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?