In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Due to our tremendous growth we have an opening for a Technical Engineer in electrical power systems. This position reports through the Engineering Discipline Manager and will reside in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Manage and contribute electrical design details on projects ranging from USD 50 thousand to USD 50 million from idea generation through start-up and operation.
- Work with interdisciplinary project teams in scope development and the design process to ensure completeness and minimal change impact.
- Provide guidance and QA/QC for engineering contractors and vendors.
- Ensure project compliance with company, industry, and regulatory requirements, and support the waiver process when necessary.
- Support development and maintenance of company standards and specifications.
- Support the development and implementation of electrical execution, contracting strategies and business practices to meet departmental and project objectives.
- Pursue opportunities to add value by application of Value Improving Practices.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance, Reliability, Operations, and Management.
- Support the Change Management Process, and keep safety focus as the top priority.
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License is a plus
- Experience working in PSM regulated petrochemical or refining industries in low, medium and high voltage power systems, with 10+ years' experience preferred.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven application knowledge in areas of electrical engineering such as electrical network design & analysis, hazardous area equipment selection, transformers, switchgear, protection, MCCs, motors, ASD's, heat tracing, cathodic protection, intelligent electrical devices, grounding, power management systems, DCS/SIS interfacing, troubleshooting of power distribution devices, equipment, and controls.
- Knowledge of ETAP power system software or other similar is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices for electrical design.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70/70E, ANSI/NETA ATS and MTS Standards with the ability to interpret/communicate these requirements to company and contract electricians.
- Knowledge of electrical safety and the ability to interpret Arc Flash study data.
- Knowledge of API RP 500 and NFPA 497 as they relate to Area Classification.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork, leadership, written, and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel and stakeholders at different levels in engineering, design, maintenance, operations, and management, as well as with corporate or global stakeholders.
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.