In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY:
Sasol North America is pleased to announce that we are offering summer internship opportunities within the Research and Development department at the Lake Charles Chemical Complex in Westlake, Louisiana. We invite eager, energetic and knowledgeable candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The selected candidates will perform the following:
- Perform directed experiments
- Analyze products
- Report findings
- R & D internship candidates must have completed their Sophomore or Junior year of college
- Resumes will be accepted from students majoring in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and satisfactory completion of Organic Chemistry
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience is preferred
- This is a temporary position. The hours of work are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday for the months of June, July and August (approximately 10 weeks)
- The chosen students will be required to make a 20-minute presentation of his or her final work to their perspective department at the end of the summer
Housing and relocation benefits are NOT included.
Internships include safety orientation and training, laboratory work and guidance from a senior scientist on an actual industrial research project related to Sasol's products and technology and critical analysis of results.
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.