In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Due to our tremendous growth we have an openings for Production Engineer. This position will report through Engineering Department and will reside in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- The ability to work independently exists, such that typical assignments can be completed with moderate to minimal supervision:
- Develop and / or execute average complexity projects & assignments per company processes, policies and procedures within schedule & cost budgets
- Solve average complexity plant problems
- Support with troubleshooting and technology improvements
- Independently drive projects to completion. Understands how and who to work with to complete an assignment. Results are typically reviewed / critiqued after achievement of pre-established milestones, or work is completed
- Provide technical support to sustain or improve profitability
- Participate in the development and improvement of operations budgets (fixed and variable costs) to enable safe and profitable operation
- Support project teams in following Sasol Business Development & Implementation model for capital projects
- Has a thorough understanding of general technical principles; routinely demonstrates the ability to apply these principles in everyday work
- Potential to support the Unit Manager on their specific activities, including covering the Unit Manager position.
Experience and/or Education Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years relevant experience preferred
- Experience in a PSM and ISO environment preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership style must include values driven leadership, cultural sensitive, business acumen, balanced conceptual and practical
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.