In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Due to our tremendous growth we have an opening for a Process Control Engineer. This position will report to the Process Control and Automation Manager and will reside in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Identify, develop, and implement control strategies, instrumentation and systems to maintain and improve the operating unit(s) assigned
- Solve complex operational problems and/or develop complex design solutions in the assigned area
- Evaluate options, and determine the appropriate course of action required to effectively solve a problem or develop a project
- Work in project environment to identify, design and implement process controls to meet the project objectives
- Evaluate and implement safety instrumented systems (user level for DCS interface)
- Work with Process Control Specialist and Maintenance Technicians to implement and maintain control strategies, hardware and programing
- Knows internal and external resources available and acts to bring in the proper level. Knows and obtains appropriate level of management support
- Check the quality of contract engineering and the main automation contractor implementation of the process control design when those services are used
Experience/ Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5+ years or greater relevant experience
- Process control experience is required; experience with process control in an operating environment is beneficial
- Project experience is beneficial
- Process Control experience in any of the following processes is desired; ethylene, low density or linear low density polyethylene, ethylene oxide, Ziegler Alcohols, boilers or utility systems
- Exposure and basic knowledge of safety systems
- Advanced control experience is beneficial
- Operations support experience is preferred
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.