In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Due to our tremendous growth we have an opening for a Technical/Instrument Engineer. This position reports through the Engineering Department and will reside in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Manage and contribute instrument design details on projects ranging from USD 50 thousand to USD 50 million from idea generation through start-up and operation.
- Work with interdisciplinary project teams in the scope development and design process to ensure completeness and minimize impact from changes.
- Pursue opportunities to add project value through the application of Value Improving Practices.
- Support the development and implementation of instrumentation execution and contracting strategies to meet project objectives.
- Support the Change Management Process and maintain safety focus over the life of a project.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance, Reliability, Operations, and Management.
- Ensure project compliance with company and industry standards and specifications.
- Support development and maintenance of company standards and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, leadership, written, and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel and stakeholders at different levels of engineering, design, maintenance, operations, and management as well as corporate or global stakeholders.
- Instrumentation design proficiency in flow calculations, valve sizing, level and temperature applications using standard design tools, preferably Intergraph INtools.
- DCS knowledge, especially I/O interface requirements and wiring for instrumentation, preferably Emerson Delta V and ABB.
- PLC knowledge, including ladder or function block diagrams, preferably Allen Bradley.
- Knowledge of process measurement and control instrumentation.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ISA, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Experience working in PSM regulated petrochemical or refining industries, with 5+ years
- Strong Instrument Engineering experience required
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.