In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
The Engineering Department at the Sasol facility in Westlake, Louisiana, is pleased to announce that we are offering Summer 2020 Engineering Internship opportunities. We invite eager, energetic and knowledgeable candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Assist in the design and development of capital projects
- Assist in the support of operating plants through cost optimization and troubleshooting
- Perform economic analyses to support project justification
- Interact with other department personnel (Maintenance / SHE / Operations)
- Candidates must have completed at least their Sophomore year of college and are majoring in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical preferred)
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Competence with use of MS Office Tools products is preferred
- This is a temporary full-time position. The hours of work are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday. Interns could work the months of May, June, July and August (totaling approximately 12 weeks)
- Interns will be required to make a detailed presentation of their work to their department at the end of the summer
Internships include safety orientation and training, hands-on engineering projects and guidance from a Senior Engineer on an actual project related to Sasol's Operations.
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.