In North America, Sasol is building a world-scale petrochemical complex and already has operations in Arizona, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas. Collectively, these sites employ a workforce of approximately 1,500 people and manufacture the primary ingredients in detergents, personal care products, waxes and specialty products used as abrasives, catalysts, thickeners, ceramics and more.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sasol is listed on the New York and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Due to our tremendous growth we are recruiting for Administrative Assistant. This position will report to the Senior Production Manager UO&I - West Plant and is located in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
Job Requirements :
- Performs administrative assistance to middle or upper-level management positions
- Performs general administrative support functions to the department, includes typing, filing, word processing, fax machine, telephone message and mail distribution from specific instructions. Handling of confidential information is required
- Assists accounting and purchasing departments in the payment of invoices
- Schedules meetings, rooms, training and coordinates travel arrangements as requested
- Obtains and assembles information for use by the department
- Maintains records and organizes filing and archive systems
- Monitors office supplies, equipment and other materials
- Communicates principal's instructions or desires to various individuals and/or departments, and furnishes and obtains information from other supervisors and managers
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors. Answers routine questions and furnishes information to save supervisor time
- Reports to a position responsible for a major function such as finance, SHE, manufacturing, marketing, or operations unit personnel
- Frequent access to company sensitive information and files
- Business contacts include persons at all levels within the organization, industry, and community
- Understands the principal's job and method of operation
- Knowledgeable of department and company organization, operations and procedures
Experience/Education Requirements :
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Efficient operation of computer equipment and programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; SAP and other support software as required
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.