Network Engineer II
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Network Engineer II to start as soon as possible to support an existing government contract.
This six (6) to nine (9) month position is based out of the customer’s office in Oakton, VA.
SEIS participates in the E-Verify program to validate authorization to work in the United States.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitor for, troubleshoot, and manage incidents for Wide Area Network and/or Local Area Network environments for several large, custom global enterprise network deployments.
- Work as part of an operations team using AT&T’s iGems network monitoring platform to monitor for, troubleshoot, and manage fault conditions for several custom managed network clients
- Dynamically multitask on complex, diverse issues and work with customers in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Clearly document and communicate their findings, internally and externally
- Interact with customers and must be able to communicate at a technical as well as non-technical level with peers, management, and customers.
- Jump into any issue, follow custom processes, and be able to technically lead the troubleshooting efforts of potentially many different internal and external entities, accurately quickly diagnose and isolate the source of the network incident, and to take appropriate action to restore service.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1 year of AT&T provisioning and implementation experience
- 1 year of telecommunications industry experience
- 3 years of CCNA/CCNP or equivalent networking knowledge
- Ability to diagnose complex routing issues
- Advanced understanding of OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP
- Advanced WAN troubleshooting/problem determination
- Advanced Cisco LAN/switch troubleshooting/problem determination
- Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, Private Line
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Cisco IOS Architecture
- Knowledge of QoS and how to troubleshoot it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a NOC/incident management environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry or military experience
- Great customer service and team player
- ITIL knowledge/experience
- Advanced Cisco Campus/Data Center LAN troubleshooting/problem determination experience
- Experience with F5 and/or Cisco ACE Load Balancer
- Advanced Juniper Campus/Data Center LAN troubleshooting/problem determination experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Juniper JUNOS/SRX Architecture
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Microsoft office, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
Our mission is to help our customers and partners succeed by fostering strong relationships and demonstrating unwavering commitment. By continuously building upon our knowledge and experiences, we will provide top quality, value-added products and services for Project Management, Business Proposal Support, Systems Integration, Data Analysis, Quality Management, and Information Technology Infrastructure in a diverse environment.
Sasaki Evolutionary Integration Services (SEIS), LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?