- Expired: July 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Field Technician (Carpenter)
Classification: Hourly, Non Exempt - Full time Position
Compensation: To be determined - plus comprehensive employee benefits (health benefits, PTO, etc)
Reports to: Senior Dispatcher and works closely with Sr Vendor Relations Manager and Director of Operations
The Carpenter will be responsible for carrying out various carpentry service orders for commercial properties including painting, installations, performing repairs and renovations as needed. The individual will work at various retail locations throughout Dallas and neighboring cities.
- Perform mostly carpentry, drywall and painting work
- Carry out minor plumbing, electrical and flooring work
- Repair and replace safety hazards and general hardware (doors, windows, appliances)
- Assemble furniture and other equipment
- Perform any laborious tasks as needed aside from the actual task (removing wall fixtures, clearing furniture)
- Ability to work from ladders
- Own basic hand tools
- Adhere to safety guidelines and state and local codes compliance at all times
- May perform physically demanding tasks like lifting up to 50 pounds or pushing, sliding
- Estimate costs accurately for materials and services based on preliminary diagnosis
- Clear all debris in a clean and professional manner after completing the job
- Visit multiple job sites and send paperwork to office after each job- using Work Order Management software on a computer as well as a mobile device / tablet / smartphone.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to all clients
- Must be available to be on call at least one weekend per month
- Ability to work odd hours from early morning to late evening Monday-Friday- including weekends and overnight.
- Must have a flexible work schedule to be able to accept work orders on reasonable short notice for emergency repairs
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a professional repairperson required
- Must possess and maintain a valid and clean drivers license
- English Literacy
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
This position is not a supervisory role. This role may be required to mentor and coach other field technicians in similar work capacity.
The Repairperson may work in busy construction sites indoors or outdoors with a variety of other trades and laborers, or may spend long hours working alone in cramped space. The Repairperson may work in awkward environments and will have to carry all required equipment and supplies at all times. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, sounds of power tools, dust, and construction sites that may affect health negatively. May have to climb stairs and ladders; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to waist level; must be able to work overhead with hand and power tools; Must wear protective equipment to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; Physical work is a primary part of job. The long periods of standing and kneeling can be tiring. Standing, walking, sitting, driving, climbing, balancing, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crouching, crawling, grasping, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, digging, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with more than 40 hours of work or less than 40 hours of work. This job does not guarantee 40 hours of work each week. Days and hours of work are determined by the volume of work load of the business and client needs. Any overtime work must be approved by the manager.
100% travel is expected for this position. The Repairperson will be expected to travel up to multiple client sites each day to complete work orders and to travel to Dallas office on the request of the managers. Consistent travel to client sites is expected.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma with minimum 5 years experience as a professional Repairperson with minor electrical, plumbing and roofing experience or trade school certificate or equivalent with 3 years skilled Repairperson experience
Must be authorized to work in the U.S without needing sponsorship at time of hiring or in the future
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) will be provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status.
Sargenti / RSM
EngineeringView all jobs at Sargenti / RSM