Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly professional and experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
- Serve as the focal point for administrative and documentation activities, scope, and budget requirements of assigned projects.
- Write and edit procedures, review calculations, and other project related documents in accordance to Sargent & Lundy's and/or client requirements.
- Managing changing assignments and priorities to ensure that deadlines are met while maintaining a high-quality product.
- Clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments/rooms and preventing conflicts utilizing Outlook Calendar. Order lunch as needed for meetings.
- Gather the appropriate information to generate reports for the projects you have been assigned.
- Prepare documents and drawings for transmittal and document storage. This could include, drafting correspondence, data entry, copying and distribution, document tracking, and electronic filing.
- Coordinate office space needs and activate entry-badges for new hires.
- Assist with time entry and prepare expense reports for approval.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Provide support for the Computer Services Department (Setting up new hire equipment and video conferences, computer software updates, collect computer equipment, and other assistance as needed).
- Forecast and update manhour budgets using a work breakdown structure (WBS) account system; report expenditures outside the budgeted scope
- Monitor and report on cost control performance; continuously update actual expenditures and forecast budget impact.
- ComputerSkills: Working knowledge in MS Office tools, with emphasis on the advanced use of MS Excel and/or MS Access in creating detailed, interactive spreadsheets, workbooks, and databases.
- Familiarity with scheduling software
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a high school diploma (or equivalent) and three or more years of administrative experience.
- Prior experience should include working in a production environment, meeting established production and accuracy goals, with the ability to maintain focus on quality of details.
- Excellent communication skills (including writing and editing skills), keyboarding skills (50+ wpm), and proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidate needs to be flexible, a team player, a self-starter, and be open to occasional overtime.
- Must be technologically savvy.
- Some college level education in English, writing, or another related field.
- Experience working in a production environment, meeting established production and accuracy goals, with the ability to maintain focus on quality of details while performing repetitive functions.
- Experience working in the engineering and/or power industry field.
Country United States
Area of Interest Administrative
Type Full Time - Regular
Job ID 2019-2728