Research Engineer: AI/ML/Perception
- Posted: over a month ago
RE2 Robotics is now part of Sarcos Robotics!
It’s an amazing time to join Sarcos, a leading robotics company undergoing significant growth. As an undisputed industry leader in dexterous robotic systems, Sarcos is creating technology to empower people. We don’t replace human productivity, we enhance it, by making people stronger, keeping them safer, and getting to places people couldn’t, or shouldn’t, otherwise go. We don’t just build robots. We build new possibilities for the real people getting it done.
Sarcos brings together the brightest minds in robotics to provide creative options to carrying out the world’s most dangerous tasks. We place a large emphasis on collaboration & teamwork, because the problems being solved are extremely challenging and require contributions from people with expertise in a wide variety of disciplines. If you’re interested in working on the forefront of robotics with a creative team of great people, come join us!
The Robotics Perception team at Sarcos is building dexterous real-time robotic systems that perceive, reason, and act intelligently alongside humans to prevent injuries, save lives, enhance performances, and create new possibilities for the industrial workforce of the future.
We are looking for an experienced engineer in the areas of Computer Vision, Image Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning for Robotics, with experience working with exoskeleton/humanoid robotic platforms to join our team. You must have an outstanding track record for your career stage in at least one of, computer vision, image processing, multi-modal sensor fusion & tracking, multi-task robot planning & scene reasoning in unstructured environments, or reinforcement learning. You may have hands-on experience in Robotics or hardware implementation of perception solutions, and you must be passionate about using your expertise to invent new Robotics technology, and deploy it at scale.
You must be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues with a diverse set of engineering backgrounds, identify research problems and opportunities, and combine techniques from robotics, controls, AI &ML to rapidly develop powerful (semi)autonomous robotic solutions. You will be working with Sarcos’ engineers to build and deliver the world’s most capable exoskeleton robotic systems, working together from ideation to production.
- Develop innovative algorithms for perception (detection and localization of objects for manipulation and situational awareness), reasoning, and decision-making for Sarcos robotic platforms to be embedded in hardware solutions and cloud applications
- Define software systems architecture for robotics/automation hardware solutions
- Develop software codebase
- Define database structures, identify data types for collection, and set up data analysis software
- Write tests to validate system performance and compliance
- Support the Hardware development team with troubleshooting sensors, actuators, and subsystems in the pre-production phase
- Collaborate with Hardware and Software teams in an agile development environment
- Provide reports and documentation as required for intellectual property filing and proposal preparation
- •Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and algorithms develop skills
- Facility to understand and work with the inherent limitations of hardware-in-the-loop systems
- Innately possesses accountability and drive for measurable achievements
- Persuasive oral/written communication abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Open to comments and advice – team player
- Flexible and adaptable (willing to work on other technical problems as needed)
- Insatiable curiosity for science, technology and understanding of how things work
- MS or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of Computer Visions Machine Learning techniques for detection, tracking, classification/recognition using multi-modal sensory data.
- Strong algorithm development experience
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Strong skills with Python, C++, and/or other programming languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Insatiable curiosity for science, technology, and understanding of how things work
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed Monday through Friday (Eastern Time) with ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Option for virtual work.
- Minimal travel (<25%) to be performed as necessary.
- Safety awareness is absolutely essential at all times while in the work area.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended times.
Core Company Values
At Sarcos, we value our people, empower our teams, promote innovation, and strive to make a positive impact on the world.
Here is how we define them:
Value Our People
At Sarcos, we put our people first. We know that if we take care of our people, everything else will fall into place. We lead, and listen, with empathy to ensure diverse perspectives are rewarded and that our benefits, culture, and rewards meet our team members' needs.
Empower Our Team
We encourage our team members to ask questions, offer ideas, take risks, make decisions, take on more responsibility over time and grow in their careers. We cultivate a bias for action and reward people for taking risks and sharing sooner.
With more than fifty years of groundbreaking research, product development, and discovery, our team members are encouraged to innovate to delight our customers.
Positively Impact the World
As a company, we endeavor to make a positive impact on the world by developing reliable robotics systems that empower humans to do their jobs safely and efficiently.
These guiding principles are also built on a foundation of our core values of Trust, Respect, Team. Below are what these three words mean to the Sarcos team:
⋅ Our integrity is uncompromising; we promote honesty, follow-through, and transparency.
⋅ We encourage team members to be authentic, building a community of support which benefits us all.
⋅ We value the talent and skills of each team member's contribution in achieving our goals.
⋅ We are empowered to communicate freely, knowing our perspective will be valued.
⋅ We recognize and appreciate the importance and dedication of each team member, regardless of role.
⋅ We assume noble intent and find value in the creative solutions that can come from perspectives that are different from our own.
⋅ We are professionals; we treat our customers, stakeholders, partners, and each other with dignity.
⋅ We empower team members to take risks, learn, and grow.
⋅ We cultivate strong relationships among team members by supporting and advocating for one another.
⋅ We value intellectual curiosity and are proactive with presenting innovative solutions.
⋅ We encourage one another to speak up and listen to all the voices in the room.
⋅ We believe in, and are accountable to, ourselves and those around us.
BE A GOOD HUMAN
Together, our guiding principles and core values define who we are as individuals and as a Team. By leveraging and building upon the strengths of each, we will deliver on our important mission to improve worker productivity, safety, and longevity through robotics.
When I fail to act consistently with my pledge, I will expect my colleagues to respectfully and privately address it with me.
No calls or agencies please.
Proof of right to lawfully work in the United States required. This position is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
Sarcos is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females, Minority, Veterans, Disabled, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Sex, Religion, National Origin.
Powered by JazzHR
Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?