Director, Applications Engineering
- Posted: over a month ago
Director - Applications Engineering
Sarcos is looking for an applications engineer/product manager who has experience interfacing with customers, driving use case definition and assisting in the adoption of hardware and SW-based products and services for our customers. The candidate will work closely with engineering teams to develop the product road map and drive the delivery of planned products to market on time and within budget. For new products, the candidate will work closely with internal/external customers and partners to understand and document their requirements and translate them into product features and integrate them into the roadmap. The candidate will also drive requirements into products and roadmaps based on a deep understanding of market trends and competitive solutions. The candidate will work on screening and developing new technologies. You will work closely with our Engineering, Design, Marketing, Finance teams, and Partners.
- Identify customer needs and translate those use cases into detailed technical and business requirements for use with the Product Management team.
- Produce technical interfaces and specifications for relevant technical product lines.
- Lead Applications Engineering team in internal and external engagements.
- Support definition of the roadmap, product and business requirements, measures of success, and features for assigned products and services.
- Support project schedule and budget
- Engage with marketing and customers to develop use cases for the systems engineering team
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, legal, finance, and other teams to drive product deliverables on schedule and budget
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders, including finance, to ensure commercial products deliver a compelling and meaningful ROI
- Deliver high-quality impactful product launches through close partnership with Marketing, Engineering, and Business organizations
- Ensure product success
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accountability, fearless risk-taking, and measurable achievement
- Persuasive oral/written communication abilities
- Flexible and adaptable (willing to work on other technical problems as needed)
- Insatiable curiosity for science, technology, and understanding of how things work
- Excellent written and verbal communications abilities with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor's or Masters's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years work experience in similar job function for technical products
- Proven ability to successfully drive cross-functional teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales, and operations
- History with product development, technical customer service, and commercial launch
- Capacity and desire to dive deep in understanding the product, business, and competitive landscape to ensure products meet the needs of the market
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics for making assumptions and driving decisions
- Track record of high-quality, self-directed, timely execution, and attention to detail
- Ability to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Experience having shipped customer-facing products that delivered measurable business impact, financial ROI, and customer satisfaction
- Proven history of converting learnings from customer insights into tangible product features that delight customers
- Good understanding and working experience with best practices, tools and product management technologies
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed Monday through Friday with ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Safety awareness is absolutely essential at all times while in the work area.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended times.
Powered by JazzHR
Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation